Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

State Inspection sticker

Old 05-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default State Inspection sticker

I learned something about my Edge programer yesterday! I went to get my Massachusetts inspection sticker on my F150. I programed the Edge back to stock so I would not have a problem . Come to find out the computer needs about 100 miles to rescan the systems in the truck so it's ready for it's emision test. I got a rejection sticker for emisions instead! Now I have to drive for a while and go back and try again. Remember if your getting an inspection don put the truck back to stock and drive it 100 miles or so before you go to the inspection station!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i learned that with my mustang the hard way too. did they say anything about any mods you have and rejection?

MA is getting real strict... even the small shops cant pass you anymore. ive found my best bet is to go to the ford dealer. They dont look at the car because they want you in and out to make the car look good and they think theyre getting a new customer
Old 05-02-2010, 10:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't do an emission test in virginia
Old 05-03-2010, 07:47 AM

While reading the PHP forum. I belive that they say you do NOT need to reset to stock. Just unplug and drive for at least 50 miles to avoid the P1000 emission code.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by scrib
i learned that with my mustang the hard way too. did they say anything about any mods you have and rejection?

MA is getting real strict... even the small shops cant pass you anymore. ive found my best bet is to go to the ford dealer. They dont look at the car because they want you in and out to make the car look good and they think theyre getting a new customer
Interesting...that Ford dealership can (and will) loose their liciense along with some hefty fines. It's just a matter of time, plus posting this on the internet will not help their (Ford dealership) cause.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

IF the truck is in a good state of tune and all systems are working as they should be you would have passed the emissions testing, the EDGE can NOT alter your emissions to the point of causing failure or it would be illegal to sell. It sounds like you have something wrong with your emissions system on your truck and you will likely fail testing even after you return to stock tune.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Originally Posted by racin4ds
IF the truck is in a good state of tune and all systems are working as they should be you would have passed the emissions testing, the EDGE can NOT alter your emissions to the point of causing failure or it would be illegal to sell. It sounds like you have something wrong with your emissions system on your truck and you will likely fail testing even after you return to stock tune.
This is what I thought...I have a Superchips brand tuner. I've never returned to the stock tune since I installed their tune. I'm out of warrantee, so that's never an issue for repair work (plus I have not had the truck mechanically repaired by a Ford dealer).

I'm guessing they detected a recent PCM "reset" (when you flashed the stock tune back in). This was not nessesary.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 05-03-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
This is what I thought...I have a Superchips brand tuner. I've never returned to the stock tune since I installed their tune. I'm out of warrantee, so that's never an issue for repair work (plus I have not had the truck mechanically repaired by a Ford dealer).

I'm guessing they detected a recent PCM "reset" (when you flashed the stock tune back in). This was not nessesary.

Yup the guy asked if I had disconected the battery or reset the Edge. I reset it just before I drove to the station. I won't get the chance to go back till Saturday. I'll leave it alone next sticker!! Keep ya posted.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 PM

Got my inspection sticker today. The truck passed. The reason it would'nt pass last time was that the computer had not recieved the OK from the Catalyst Monitor and the Evaporative System after I reset the Edge back to stock. That's what kept it from passing. I drove it 100 miles and it knows all is good so it passed!

Last edited by BJV269SS; 05-06-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Time to put that custom tune back in!
Glad it worked out for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: State Inspection sticker