Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Starter problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter problem

Hey all, I'll try to make this short and sweet.

About a month ago I started having some issues with what I thought was my battery but attributed it to the colder weather and slower/colder starts. Early last week it was making some odd, grinding noises along with the cold starts. Last Thursday evening I went to start the truck and it sounded as if the battery was dying and then eventually sounded as if it had 100% died. The only issue was all electrical was working, lights, horn, etc.

I narrowed the issue down to the starter and replaced it Sunday with a Duralast from AutoZone. Everything worked great until last night. The truck was having the exact same issue. I can hear the click at the relay but the starter is doing nothing at all. The only difference is this time it stopped working with no signs of failure. All fuses are good, batter is good and wires are connected just fine.

I'm assuming it's an issue with the junk starter I bought from AutoZone. Could there be anything else I'm missing?
Old 03-14-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the starter off last night and was able to check all the wiring and everything was fine.

Hoping it's simply the bad part, going to change that now.

Quick Reply: Starter problem