Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Starter mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter mods

Just picked up a babied 05 f150 xlt supercrew 4x4 5.4 with (I think 3.55 gears)
I complied a list of must do starter mods and was hoping to get opinions on quality of my choices and anything you might change.
The truck: completely stock 100,000 miles a little bit of rocket panel corner cab rust starting
The mods:
1-edge evolution ordered from (will be here in a couple of hours!!! )
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000IE...UNL&ref=plSrch
Will use on level two while stock until all mods are made then will send to php to turn into gryphon with custom tune.
2- the reset throttle learn mod(turn key on push gas pedal down slow and let snap back 3 times)(free!!)
3- gotts intake (using the 3" inside diameter black abs pipe heating it up on the end and oblonging the shape to fit)
4- new exhaust system from headers back. Need suggestions on what to choose I'm leaning towards magnaflow but have no idea on headers. I want quiet when I want it to be ( for the wife and kids) but loud when I romp. Do not need CAT here in Nebraska. This is the only thing I've found so far but still need headers
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002HHDNV2?vs=1
5-rust remedy
saw a gentleman post pictures somewhere on this site that I fell in love with he painted his entire underbody once a year and used the anti rust spray on it. And will replace the rocker panels on my truck ( is it worth it?)
I've tried to do my research and search function on the site but any other recommendations would be appreciated. Looking for speed but without sacrificing reliability. Should I replace the air filter? The throttle body? etc thanks!
Tyler
Attached Thumbnails Starter mods-image.jpg  
Old 07-23-2015, 09:58 PM
F150 Forum

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler91
4- new exhaust system from headers back. Need suggestions on what to choose I'm leaning towards magnaflow but have no idea on headers. I want quiet when I want it to be ( for the wife and kids) but loud when I romp. Do not need CAT here in Nebraska. This is the only thing I've found so far but still need headers
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002HHDNV2?vs=1
Hi Tyler,

We actually have quite a few cat-back exhausts for the 5.4L '05 F150 XLT. In addition to the one you linked (part #16518), we also have one with dual-exit at the rear (16520), dual-exit in front of the rear tire (16616), and dual-exit after the rear tire (16523).

You can see the whole list of exhaust systems for the '05s here. They all are made out of 100 percent stainless steel and build solidly to last in our facility in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. As you mentioned, our exhausts give that nice, deep tone without an overabundance of volume at idle or cruise. But they come alive when you stretch out your leg on the right pedal. Let me know if you have any questions about our exhausts.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the F-150. Just picked up a 04 XL supercab. What is the purpose of the throttle reset mod? What is the benefits? Thanks.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Timber Baron

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by chamrck09
What is the purpose of the throttle reset mod? What is the benefits? Thanks.
You won't notice any seat of the pants improvement other than in your mind, but sometimes that's enough.

Quick Reply: Starter mods