Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Squeakysqueaky!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Squeakysqueaky!!!

Well I developed a squeak in the front of my screw. Thought and was told it could be the upper ball jonts so I wasn't happy about that. But the more I drove, the more I thought it was in the dash. Same sound, high pitch metal on metal, nothing really would drown it out. Tore the dash apart sat trying to find it...nothing. Tore out the wiper motor and cowl....nothing. Finally after driving around in a parking lot hitting every bump I could find I thought to pop the hood latch and drive around like that. NO SQUEAK! Hell yeah I thought, found it in the hood. So I adjust the little rubber bump stops in the hood, all four. Squeak less but still there. Then tonight I look under there again and finally find a spot where the paint rubbed off. On the drivers side hinge. Aparently there is a little tab in the lower part of the hinge that fits in the upper part of the hinge. Just for kicks I rolled a couple of layers of electrical tape on it and went out looking for bumps. NO SQUEAK!!! Looked for bigger bumps, no squeak. So I went out on the highway with the roads the way they are and still no squeak. So for all those out there with a annoying little squeak, might want to look there.