Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Spyder headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spyder headlights

I just bought some spyder headlights today off of amazon. They're the ccfl projectors with black back. I just wanted to know your guys' reviews since Amazon buyers only gave 2.5 stars. I bought some ddm tuning 5k to go into the projectors as well. I don't have enough money or time for retrofitting so I figured these will do until then.
Any tips before installing?
How easy was installation?( I watched videos but those are experts installing)
Also, how is visibility compared to the stock reflectors?
Last question, are they hard to aim afterwards? Just have a leveling kit.

I know they look bad *****
Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmorales30
I just bought some spyder headlights today off of amazon. They're the ccfl projectors with black back. I just wanted to know your guys' reviews since Amazon buyers only gave 2.5 stars. I bought some ddm tuning 5k to go into the projectors as well. I don't have enough money or time for retrofitting so I figured these will do until then.
Any tips before installing?
How easy was installation?( I watched videos but those are experts installing)
Also, how is visibility compared to the stock reflectors?
Last question, are they hard to aim afterwards? Just have a leveling kit.

I know they look bad *****
This advice still 110% applies: https://www.f150forum.com/f4/ebay-am...lights-296972/

They can't safely accept HID capsules. Even Spyder does not recommend doing so. Plus you'll just get a glaring mess of a poor beam pattern. Those 'projectors' ( or poor excuses for same ) were designed for halogen light sources only. And - DDM is also horrible junk, which just compounds yer problems with QC issues of their own.

The only way to fix Spyders once you've had the misfortune of buying them: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.VTYto9JViko

You chose to ignore good advice - and now you've squandered your money that could have been saved toward doing it properly. Sorry- I can't help you. My condolences.

Vlad out.

Last edited by MGD; 04-21-2015 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set on my 05, the bulbs that come with them are junk, very dim and yellow. I replaced them with Sylvania silver star ultras. Bulbs are 9006 and H1. They made a HUGE difference. I keep my factory fog lamps on which also helps. As far as adjustment, it is very simple. There is a small circle on the lens of the lamp that marks the center of the beam. Measure from that circle to the ground, transfer that measurement to a vertical wall. Park 25' off wall and one lamp at a time aim lowbeam 2" below your transfer line.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Seal them up with some clear RTV prior to install....

Quick Reply: Spyder headlights