Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Spark plug number 8 is stuck

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark plug number 8 is stuck

I've got all but one spark plug out of my 5.4. But for some reason I can't get cylinder 8's spark plug out. I have the extractor tool but that is not my problem. Every time I hook up my 9/16 thin wall deep socket (I don't have the special spark plug socket) it feels like it's on it and then as soon as I apply pressure it slips off. It feels as if it is stripped out. I ran a flat head around the plug and blew it out good to see if any thing is lodged in there. I had nothing. Any ideas out there on how to possibly get it out with out running it to a mech?
Old 10-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

try tapping the socket onto the plug a little, but then you may get the socket stuck in there...the spark plug tool would be great right now...it’s all one piece ...

Last edited by techrep; 10-30-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
try tapping the socket onto the plug a little, but then you may get the socket stuck in there...the spark plug tool would be great right now...it’s all one piece ...
Lol I will give it a go thank you
Old 10-31-2015, 11:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My 4 and 8 did that because water was running down onto the engine from the cowl and it caused the spark plug bases to rust. Had to have a tech back the plugs out with a pick.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizzlysheridan
I've got all but one spark plug out of my 5.4. But for some reason I can't get cylinder 8's spark plug out. I have the extractor tool but that is not my problem. Every time I hook up my 9/16 thin wall deep socket (I don't have the special spark plug socket) it feels like it's on it and then as soon as I apply pressure it slips off. It feels as if it is stripped out. I ran a flat head around the plug and blew it out good to see if any thing is lodged in there. I had nothing. Any ideas out there on how to possibly get it out with out running it to a mech?
Its never the no. 1 or 5 is it. Like techrep said but if you tap on it with an extension and it gets stuck you should be able to in theory tap on the extension side to side and get it "unstuck"

Quick Reply: Spark plug number 8 is stuck