Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Sometimes it will move sometimes it wont

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sometimes it will move sometimes it wont

On my home tonight I was going up a little incline and it seemed like the transmission stopped working. I could rev the engine up but not move. Eventually the transmission started working and I made it up the hill. When I another mile or so it stopped again. So I pulled over and checked the transmission fluid and all seems good. I shut the truck off when I pulled over in the hopes it would reset the computer. Started the truck up went perfect like normal. Went to leave about an hour later and when I went to leave if seemed like something was bound up in the front end and eventually she'll move forward. It makes no noises when shifting threw the gears. The only noise I hear is a soft clunking/rattling noise when going forward and backwards.. tomorroW I am hoping to pull off the transmission pan cover, change the filter and hopefully not find anything else. I was wondering if there is anything else to look for/ at when I remove the pan or if something else is the culprit. She does have around 170,000 miles and the transmission flushed regulary.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:02 AM

Received 264 Likes on 214 Posts

When you check the fluid level are you in Park with the engine still running? That is the correct method after it has warmed up. A lot of individuals will check the fluid while in Neutral, but that will give a false reading on our trucks and the fluid level will be about an inch higher on the dipstick and therefore really be low. Make sure that you are on as level ground as possible as well and while holding your foot on the brake, shift through each gear and pause for a few seconds then end up back in Park before you check the level.
Good luck
Tom

Quick Reply: Sometimes it will move sometimes it wont