Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Is someone trying to kill me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is someone trying to kill me?

My truck has been located in a airport parking lot for the first half of the week while I was on vacation. I drove Truck to and back from Charlotte airport (a hour and half drive) great, no problems. Get home on Thursday at 2am, go to firestone on friday at 8am put on new set of Bridgestone Revo 2's and then leave for the beach around 4pm. I let lady friend drive truck on the way to the Edisto Beach due to tiredness. She complains brakes don't feel right. Tell her that she's gotta get used to them, and since shes used to driving a small Acura its gonna feel different.
Get to Beach truck gets drove by me once around the beach, the rest of the time it spends either on the side of the road, or under the beach house. 3 days later leave beach and head home. I don't stop anywhere in town, and make it to the interstate no problems. Half way home drive thru McDonalds brakes feel really weird, still firm, but I just disregard it and back on the interstate we go. Running around 85 mph cars hit brakes up ahead I do the same well this time I have to push pedal almost to the floor to get any wheel response from the pedal.
I pull off at the next exit (200 feet down the road) Press brake pedal little pressure. Well I the open hood check brake reservoir has plenty of fluid, check cap, caps loose. Tighten cap, pump brakes for a couple of cycles. Resistance on the pedal gets less and less every time. Have lady friend press the pedal while I look around, get out start on drivers front wheel, where I see brake fluid spraying out the line. Well knowing I'm FUBR on the side of the road call dad for tow, well dads 3.5 hours away already picking up his brothers broke down motorcycle from Myrtle Beach. Try limping home using lower gears, and E brake taking backroads (only 20 minutes from home) getting 2 miles down the road I decide not to chance it anymore and having something tragic happen. Call tow truck, Tows to Firestone where cousin works and where the Revo 2s were just put on.
4 hours later walk back into Firestone they ask me if I have any enemies. Well not that I know of... they say line is too clean of a cut to be road debris and say it had to be cut by someone. They ask if I live in a apartment. No, lady friend does though. Well pay bill, and then just wonder who would have done it. Well lady friend has a crazy ex, but car has only been home for like 8 hours in the past week. So idk about him. When parked in Edisto only people around were friends family so wouldn't be them. So IDK who I pissed off.

LONG STORY SHORT:
Truck was in Charlotte airport parking Monday-Thursday. Home 7AM-4PM Thursday. Edisto Beach 4PMThursday-Sunday. No brake pressure, towed to Firestone they say cut brake line.

Pics are below... What do ya'll think? How long do you think truck could go with a cut line? Could a small nick in the line finally get big enough to let a lot of fluid release?

Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 PM
2015 F-150 King Ranch 4x4

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Remember running over anything that might have cut it?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks more of the line rubbed against something than being cut, edges are kinda rounded. Just saying.
The following users liked this post:
FordSilly (05-25-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by dos0711
Remember running over anything that might have cut it?
No. Nothing at all. Was awake while the lady friend drove, and she didn't hit anything. I know I didn't hit anything either.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:47 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

It was probable rubbing against the new tire. I'd check for something shiney under your truck.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

maybe you did it while driving on the beach.,...
Old 05-20-2013, 01:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree, does look like tire rubbed it.
When you got the new ones did they perform a multi point inspection? Or just a brake check? It could have came unfastened which let the tire make contact.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:19 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Call the service manager from the Firestone store, they need to take responsibility for that, I'm surprised they didn'r fess up when they fixed it. Whatever it was rubbing on should be nice and shiney.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM

I didn't drive the truck on the beach. It doesn't look cut now that I have thought about it more. My cousin works at the Firestone and I'm pretty sure he would of told me if they screwed up. But I don't see where it has rubbed on the tire or any part of the frame. So IDK.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dog chewed my break line in half one time. Ever since then I keep an extra close eye on that shady creature. And if your wondering, no, I didn't have anything useful to say about the situation. I just had a story I wanted to share.

Quick Reply: Is someone trying to kill me?