Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Someone please help! Truck won't start and it's not the battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone please help! Truck won't start and it's not the battery

I have an 08 F150 and my odometer backlight almost never works so I pulled out the instrument cluster to check the bulb. When I put it back and went to start the truck to go get a replacement bulb the truck would not start. It turns over but the engine doesn't fire up. All the lights, radio, AC, etc work no problem. All the gauges flicker for a few seconds and then start working normally. There is a weird buzzing noise for a few seconds behind the steering wheel. There is a clicking sound for a few seconds that sounds to be coming from behind the passenger side glove compartment. The anti theft light flashes quickly for a few seconds as well. I believe only the key I have is a spare, it doesnt have any Ford symbols or unlock/lock buttons. It's the only one that came with the truck when I bought it used in June.

Could I have a problem with the anti theft system that would require the original factory key to start or could I have loosened something up pulling out the instrument cluster? any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

That would be my guess..need to go get a proper key and program it to your system. most locksmiths can do this for you...you need not go to the Dealer unless you don't have a locksmith in your area.

Quick Reply: Someone please help! Truck won't start and it's not the battery