Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Some Lift Assistance Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Some Lift Assistance Please

Ok so i installed my 3' leveling kit, all is well but i still know my upper ball joints are in a pretty good situation and would like to take stress off of them as soon as i get the money. But does anyone know where you can get 4' steering knuckles??? There is nothing for Ford unless you buy the entire $1,400 dollar kits. Do you think i can call them and they sell them separately??

Just want the Upper control arm back near level so it wont wear out parts as fast, Cheapo lift with smarts if you will, The cv's at a slight angle doesn't bother me. Someone was a genius mechanic (before i got the truck) and stabbed the boots to pack them with a grease gun, as well as the ball joints so i have to keep an eye on all this anyways. But if anyone has a part number or any site that would have a 4" or even 3" Steering knuckle please help

Old 10-12-2014, 06:27 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

I've seen some UCAs on here somewhere but they were close to 600 bucks a piece. You might be better off just buying the kit for 1400. If I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't you have to match the LCAs as well?
Old 10-12-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by alsatropine
I've seen some UCAs on here somewhere but they were close to 600 bucks a piece. You might be better off just buying the kit for 1400. If I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't you have to match the LCAs as well?
im really not sure man, i was just trying to see what my options were, but its hard enough to find things as it is haha
Old 10-13-2014, 02:29 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The way these trucks are designed, I'd really try to trade down to a 2.5. and even the 2.5 is nasty looking on mine, it literally smacks the coil unloaded. To make a 3" comfortable, especially on a 4wd, you'd be so deep in parts expense, you might as well save up and buy yourself a full on lift.

I have seen some Jeeps with knuckle extenders, but i'm not sure i trust that 100%. And I don't even know if you can by a ford one. Also your LBJ is going to be stressed no matter what, unless you go to a full lift that gives you the crossmember extension and a new knuckle. Then you'd have to pay a shop to press your bearings too. and you'd have to go up to 6 inch blocks in the back. So it'll add up fast.

I'd just bite the bullet and drop to a 2" or 2.5", I mean your truck would be sexy either way. Its a damn good looking truck.

Still like these 04-08s looks better than the 09-14s.

Last edited by atnolan94; 10-13-2014 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Jeep not Dodge, my bad

Quick Reply: Some Lift Assistance Please