Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

So torn over stereo options......

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So torn over stereo options......

Ok I am so indecisive when it come to what I need to do for stereo upgrades. I decided to go to buy an Insignia Tablet 7" and put in the dash....it fits really well with a little modification. My only missing item now is a basic amp to connect to the 3.5mm out. Then I keep thinking I don't want my truck windows busted out over it. Then I realized I did buy a aftermarket Bluetooth device which I am playing music though in the house right now. It sounds great and I could save some money going that route...just plug in my AUX jack and keep the factory unit. What do you guys think....maybe I am stressing to much about my window being damaged.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:12 PM

i don't think id worry too much about it.

i do want to know more about the setup. what else do you need besides the tablet?
Old 08-15-2014, 06:02 PM

Well both of your cables headphone and usb should of course be L shaped so that you don't have to struggle with the fitment. Also I had to cut the din kit so that the tablet fit into it and at that point you can fab several ways for it to be held in place thats not hard.

The final piece was I needed an amplifier so I went to a local pawn shop that had them for as low a $23 dollars. This is the point when I said I'm done! It has been so hot outside and I am just tired of to be honest so I hooked up the Bluetooth unit and it works very nice. One cool thing is the table is only like $69 dollars at Best Buy and it does work very well for the price.

Last edited by Rayjht; 08-16-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have seen some people cut up their old head unit and attach that faceplate over their newer radio so people won't steal it. That could be a possibility for you, or make a way for you to take the tablet out when you get out of the truck.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:02 AM

I decided to use the bluetooth device I spoke about and really like it. My only issue with the tablet once putting it in the car was even with an app for the volume it was difficult to control it the way I wanted to.

Quick Reply: So torn over stereo options......