Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

so my summer plan is

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default so my summer plan is

to get a tuner with my hard-earned money

ive heard so much about Edge and Xcal II. Edge has always caught my eye, but i want one of the best, and thats what ive heard about Xcal II.

so heres the deal: i need some info on Troyer Performance, like area of origin, price...all that basic stuff, so i can make plans

any and all input will be greatly appreciated
Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JorgeRod54
to get a tuner with my hard-earned money

ive heard so much about Edge and Xcal II. Edge has always caught my eye, but i want one of the best, and thats what ive heard about Xcal II.

so heres the deal: i need some info on Troyer Performance, like area of origin, price...all that basic stuff, so i can make plans

any and all input will be greatly appreciated
I'd highly recommend you call Troyer Performance and talk to Mike, he'll take the time to walk you through everything without trying to sell you anything.

http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...link=contactus

His tunes do take some time to arrive once you order them, but it's well worth the wait. Besides you've already been driving your truck for how long without custom tuning? So waiting for your new tunes shouldn't be too difficult
Old 06-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Goombah Stomper

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
I'd highly recommend you call Troyer Performance and talk to Mike, he'll take the time to walk you through everything without trying to sell you anything.

http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...link=contactus

His tunes do take some time to arrive once you order them, but it's well worth the wait. Besides you've already been driving your truck for how long without custom tuning? So waiting for your new tunes shouldn't be too difficult
been a proud owner close to 2 years now, and ill be on the jobsite so i can wait for a while. any idea on prices, or is it just which tunes i get?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

its $450 for 3 custom tunes and the xcal3. if your a member of f150online he'll take $25 off. not sure if the same deal applies to this forum
Old 06-15-2008, 01:30 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
its $450 for 3 custom tunes and the xcal3. if your a member of f150online he'll take $25 off. not sure if the same deal applies to this forum
I paid less than that for my Xcal3 with tunes including sales tax and shipping from Justin Starkey @ VMP...and got my stuff in 9 days.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
I paid less than that for my Xcal3 with tunes including sales tax and shipping from Justin Starkey @ VMP...and got my stuff in 9 days.

ya im starting to think that troyer is mostly hype. his efan kit is crap and very expensive and it takes 2 months to get custom tunes
Old 06-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
ya im starting to think that troyer is mostly hype. his efan kit is crap and very expensive and it takes 2 months to get custom tunes
Speaking on behalf of his tunes only, I can certainly assure you that Troyer is not just hype. Sure I waited 2 months to get his tunes, but I had already driven my truck for over a year without custom tuning so it's not like I was missing anything. Plus Troyer specializes in custom tuning F150 whereas VMP specializes in custom tuning Mustangs. That's not to say anything negative about Justin or VMP, but I drive an F150 not a Mustang so I went with the shop that specializes in custom tuning our trucks.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Goombah Stomper

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
Speaking on behalf of his tunes only, I can certainly assure you that Troyer is not just hype. Sure I waited 2 months to get his tunes, but I had already driven my truck for over a year without custom tuning so it's not like I was missing anything. Plus Troyer specializes in custom tuning F150 whereas VMP specializes in custom tuning Mustangs. That's not to say anything negative about Justin or VMP, but I drive an F150 not a Mustang so I went with the shop that specializes in custom tuning our trucks.
wxmcpo, which tunes modified ur truck and how do u like them so far? im a poor college student and im gonna need some convincing if im gonna pay a pretty penny for a tuner. i just really want something new and advanced so it can help with my shifting. seems like putting the bigger tires on gives the tranny hell sometimes.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Inaugural TOTM

I went with an Xcal II and Troyer custom tuning. I have 3 tunes that I can switch between, an 87 & 92 performance tune as well as an 87 tow tune. I primarily use the 87 performance just because of the price of gas, but I have used the 92 performance tune in the past. Have yet to try the 87 tow tune. Both the 87 & 92 performance tunes made a huge difference in the feel and drivability of my truck. I still want to get her on a dyno so I can see what kind of power she's pushing, but I don't think they have dyno's out here.

Quick Reply: so my summer plan is