Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

So here's what I'm thinking

Old 04-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default So here's what I'm thinking

Since the auto repair shop told me today to go out and price out the tire and wheel combo I wanted and have the quote faxed over to them so they could order everything, I started thinking. I went down to the local offroad performance shop and got a quote for adding a 2" leveling kit as well as an AAL on back to give the truck a little more lift. Then I told him to give me a quote for a set of 18x9 KMC Revolvers with both 36x12.50's and 37x12.50's. I figure while they have my truck and are doing the alignment they might as well lift it a little higher for me.

I'm only considering this right now because of 2 reasons (1) gas prices are shooting up there so high ($3.67 for reg unleaded out here) and the truck gets horrible gas mileage as is and (2) I don't really want to put too much strain on the front end and have parts wearing out at a rapid pace and end up with huge repair costs down the road. Then again, this is a truck I plan on keeping for several more years so I may as well get it the way I want it and the wife says if I want it higher to go ahead and do it.

Will the 37x12.50's fit with a 2" leveling kit on top of a 6" lift? Also what do you guys think of me going higher with it? What are some of the negatives that maybe I'm missing right now?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:29 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't see any problems with running what you are thinking about, and since you have the chance to go bigger why not?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what I think!!! Don't do it!!! Step away from the level kit. Your truck looks great. I wouldn't change a thing. Nor would I mess with the
engineering involved with the lift kit.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Bleed FORD Blue

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by insuranceguy
You know what I think!!! Don't do it!!! Step away from the level kit. Your truck looks great. I wouldn't change a thing. Nor would I mess with the
engineering involved with the lift kit.

I think I agree with him dont but on the other hand I think if it were me i would have just gone and done it! Soooo????
Old 04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lift it the extra 2"'s. I mean why not?? I doubt it's gonna make your mpg's get lower. I say go for it!!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
FTW NU2

Now is that 2" front and rear or just the front spacer? I think that if I were in your situation I would remove the 6" and get the 8". You could probably sell your old set-up. Is everything still holding up since the repairs?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Originally Posted by Rob MFK
Now is that 2" front and rear or just the front spacer? I think that if I were in your situation I would remove the 6" and get the 8". You could probably sell your old set-up. Is everything still holding up since the repairs?
It would be 2" both front and back. I wish I could step up to an 8" Rize, but my truck's only a 2WD. Doing this strictly for cosmetic reasons, about the only offroading my truck sees is an occassional trip into the sand down at the beach.

The dang KMC Revolvers that I had finally settled on are on 3 months backorder, no way I'm waiting an additional 3 months to get my truck back. Shop wants to order the wheels and tires by Friday so I need to pick something. Thought about the MM951's, but everyone has those, but they are in stock and can be here in 2 weeks. The tire I have decided on (if I lift it more) is the 37x12.50 Pro Comp Xtreme MT.

So the question now is......what wheel do I put on the truck??????
Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

XD Spy's, in chrome since you seem to like it better.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Here's my new list in priority order;

1. XD Monster
2. Mazzi Hulk
3. Helo Maxx 6 (What I had)
4. XD Rockstar

Gonna go down to the shop and get something ordered. Also after talking wiht the wife I have decided not to lift it at this time. Hawaii is already a b^&%$ on lifted trucks so I don't wanto to go any higher until I get the truck off the island. Plus it's so expensive to do anything like that over here so it's just not worth it for only 2-3" more of lift. Gonna stick with 35x12.50's, but in an MT instead of AT.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:44 PM

i remember hearing the chrome on your wheels was chipping but why a whole new set up? what are you doing with the 35's? i might be interested if you are getting rid of them?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So here's what I'm thinking