Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Snow Plow HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Plow HELP!!

I just found out that putting the Minute Mount, 2 plug plow off my Chevy on to the Ford is quite an issue. I've gotten several guys to tell me what to do and now i'm not sure what to do. I'm told by one guy that I need to put F250 springs on the front. The next guy says I have to buy a whole new wire harness and isolation module for the truck side of the plow. Another says I need to change just the harnesses to the headlights because of Chevy's day running lights and the Ford not having them. The last guy told me to put the harness back on the Chevy and use it for snow! or buy a plastic plow!

My question...does anyone out there have an F150 with an all steel Fisher Minute Mount plow on it. If so how is it installed. I'm starting early I know but looks like i'm going to need it to figure out what to do.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:29 PM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Ive worked for Dejana Truck and Utility company which specializes in Westerns and and Fisher plows so take it from me when I tell you you do NOT want to put a steel Fisher on a F-150. The only proper plow made for a F-150 is the poly/plastic plows. The mounting kits they sell are for F-250 and up. Weve seen a lot of guys who try this and end up at our shop because they run into issues.

Also from my experiance the light kits are specified for ford and chevy has a different harness.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the 04-08 f150's aren't plow friendly, no coilover type truck is very plow friendly, i know alot of guys who plow with 1/2 tons, but IMO 3/4 ton and up is the only way to go
Old 06-15-2009, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XPerties
The only proper plow made for a F-150 is the poly/plastic plows.
Thanks for the input. Are those plastic plows any good? Do you know what they cost? Is one better than the other?

Joe
Old 06-15-2009, 06:35 AM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

We carried the Western poly plows. Most guys who bought them used them for personal property and nothing commercial, in fact there's a big label warning on the plow against commercial use. We never had anyone return or complain about it, most complaints came from them unable to purchase a steel plow.

Give Collen a call at (856) 303-1315 and she can supply you with prices regarding the plows and any other questions you might have. Items can be shipped directly to you. She's very knowledgeable, just tell her Chris Henry told you to call.

Quick Reply: Snow Plow HELP!!