Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Snow Chains / Tire Chains

Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Chains / Tire Chains

Forgive my double posting: I posted in the off road section as well but its not necessarily an all off-road question.
Anybody ever put these on their truck?
Occasionally we get a foot plus of snow on paved roads and I can get stuck driving in it so I'm wondering how chains might help. Also I can get into a few feet of snow on dirt roads.
If you have never used chains any other suggestions?
Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They are awsome to have

Have used them on my truck for this winter.I got a ticket for haveing them on even when it was snowing cause it tears up the pavement.They are iligal here in wi in the major cities.check to me make sure their legal.My ticket was $350.00.(Took it to court to fight it and had it droped.Told the judge my tires were very bald and i needed better traction getting out of town to go up north and that i did not no their iligal.Well after about 15minutes of him jabberjawing he was finally done and said ok i will dismiss your ticket and just dont put them on till you get up north)But yes if you need them in the snow and ice they are a good benifit to have.I still have them.Want to know something funny,good thing i kept them in my truck.Coming back from up north during our last snow storm and saw a sharrif spun out in the midle ditch and couldnt get out,so i stoped,checked it out and tried to pull him out in in 4wheel drive mode,tires were way to bald to grip,so i slapped the chains on and with the 4wheel drive on,got him out before the tow truck got their.So what goes around to me in getting that ticket,came around to a sharrif,lol.

ryan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snow Chains / Tire Chains