Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Smokin deal on Gibson 9204 catback

Old 09-11-2014, 10:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Smokin deal on Gibson 9204 catback

Have had this SI/DO catback exhaust in my wish list on Amazon for several months at $389 shipped with Prime. But last night I started surfing around and found it for $299 and free shipping with promo code STBONUS at StylinTrucks.com. So I ordered one and thought I would pass it on. This fits my 5.4 Screw 5.5 but I think fits others as well.....

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/ex...ng279204-.aspx

Also in stainless at $387...

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/ex...g2769204-.aspx

Last edited by SeventyGTX; 09-11-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice find! Thinking about getting myself one. The deal fits the 06 Lariat 5.4. Let me know how it sounds on your rig!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:42 PM

Well, if it seems to be too good to be true..............it is! I never got a shipment notification, so I called Stylintrucks today. Even though it says the exhaust was in stock, it wasn't. She said they had to get it from another vendor for DOUBLE THE PRICE!!!
I went nuts and asked to speak to a manager. The "manager" ended up saying it would be $112 more, so I just said just give me my money back and I will get it elsewhere. I also asked about the stainless version and it is also out of stock even though the website says it is available.

Oh, and she said it would take 24-48 hours to get my Paypal refunded. I said BS, I paid instantly, and want my money back today. So, she said they will get it back today. We'll see. So scratch StylinTrucks off my list of vendors to deal with.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:28 PM

Received 51 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SeventyGTX
Well, if it seems to be too good to be true..............it is! I never got a shipment notification, so I called Stylintrucks today. Even though it says the exhaust was in stock, it wasn't. She said they had to get it from another vendor for DOUBLE THE PRICE!!! I went nuts and asked to speak to a manager. The "manager" ended up saying it would be $112 more, so I just said just give me my money back and I will get it elsewhere. I also asked about the stainless version and it is also out of stock even though the website says it is available. Oh, and she said it would take 24-48 hours to get my Paypal refunded. I said BS, I paid instantly, and want my money back today. So, she said they will get it back today. We'll see. So scratch StylinTrucks off my list of vendors to deal with.
that sucks man. I've used them twice with no problems. My total purchase was never over $200 so that might be the difference. I'll definitely think twice before ordering from them again. Thanks for posting your experience. I hope you get it resolved.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:14 PM

Got the Paypal refund. I got a little lucky looking for another Gibson to buy. I had the Gibson 9008 duals that come out both sides in my Amazon wish list also. It showed that exhaust had dropped 15% in price from when I added it, so I bought that one instead of the one that has both ends coming out the right side. It was $317 shipped from MVP Auto Parts though Amazon and the last one they had.

I kind of like the two tips coming out the right side a bit better, but this will be fine. I can always take it to my local muffler guy and him route both sides to the right if I find I really don't like it.

It was a bummer about Stylintrucks. They seem to be one of those online places that are huge and have tenticles everywhere and no time to deal with the small things like making sure items are in stock. What bugged me the most, is I couldn't even back order it. I kinda feel sorry for those poor girls I was ripping apart for their websites inadequacies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smokin deal on Gibson 9204 catback