Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Sirius Tuner add on

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Tuner add on

I have a 2008 F150 with the factory radio. Single disc, mp3, no dvd or amp and sub.
I purchased the Sirius factory tuner and harnesses from my local Ford dealer. Everything seems to work except no audio. I have talked to Sirius and they say they dont know. I have unplugged everything and tried again and still no audio.
Has anyone added this kit to their factory radio?
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:06 AM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have installed some... there are a few diffrent kits and they dont work with all radios so get the dealer to check the part # if you push aux and 1 at the same time are you getting the sid# and p.h. sirius on the radio. i have had some problems with the black box units. with no sound but the rest works.try un hooking the battery wait 5 min .
Old 12-15-2009, 08:54 AM

Thanks Badcat...
I talked to Ford dealer about this and was told that the black boxes have had some problems. They ordered me a new one and I am going to try that.
Hope it works because I like the factory look better than a seperate controler.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by mwf414
I have a 2008 F150 with the factory radio. Single disc, mp3, no dvd or amp and sub.
I purchased the Sirius factory tuner and harnesses from my local Ford dealer. Everything seems to work except no audio. I have talked to Sirius and they say they dont know. I have unplugged everything and tried again and still no audio.
Has anyone added this kit to their factory radio?
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Make sure the channel on your tuner matches the channel on your radio. Also, I had better results with direct antenna connection. About $30.

Quick Reply: Sirius Tuner add on