Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Signal/windshield wiper lever falling out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 03:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Signal/windshield wiper lever falling out?

Today I was driving and my windshield wiper control/turn signal lever fell out of place. After each time I use the turn signal, I have to push it back in to my steering wheel. The entire lever comes out, has anyone experienced this before? I will post videos in the AM. Just wanted to see what I should do, and if I need to buy a new one or something? Also, I noticed within the last 2 months, I can't turn my high beams on easily, and whenever I do, I literally have to push back on it super hard and it's a hit or miss to turn them on... I'm not quite sure why it does that, it's the same lever as Well you know? I don't know if it makes sense trying to explain it, so I'm sorry if it's confusing or vague. But any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:38 AM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

That's awkward, so the whole lever on the left of the steering wheel just comes out of the column? There has to be something that holds it in the column that must have came loose, like a screw or something. I'll google it and get back to you
Old 07-03-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Signal/windshield wiper lever falling out?

Originally Posted by bourgeois1269
That's awkward, so the whole lever on the left of the steering wheel just comes out of the column? There has to be something that holds it in the column that must have came loose, like a screw or something. I'll google it and get back to you
Yes, I've never heard of this before, it's very weird to me! Thanks man
Old 07-03-2015, 01:57 PM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

How can I privately send you my number to call me ?

Quick Reply: Signal/windshield wiper lever falling out?