Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Should I clean the MAF after I work on my Airaid filter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 02:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Should I clean the MAF after I work on my Airaid filter?

I thought I had heard it mentioned a while ago that when you oil and clean the air raid air filters (came with the truck wasn't my doing) you were supposed to clean the MAF again at some point... just cant remember when. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 150 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by coborn35
I thought I had heard it mentioned a while ago that when you oil and clean the air raid air filters (came with the truck wasn't my doing) you were supposed to clean the MAF again at some point... just cant remember when. Thanks!
When i clean and oil my k&n air filter i wait a week. That way if any oil residue got on my maf i cleaned it off. Just my maintenance schedule!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:47 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Throttle body too
Old 03-26-2015, 01:53 PM
F150 Forum

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Using one of our oiled filters does not require any extra service to the MAF or throttle body.

Keep in mind Airaid SynthaFlow oiled filters are not constructed like competitors oiled cotton gauze filters. Our oiled filters are constructed of 4 layers of cotton gauze and then a fifth innermost layer of synthetic material. This fifth layer does two things for you. First it brings the filtration efficiency up beyond what a cotton gauze filter is. Second is that it acts as an oil barrier as the oil does not like to penetrate the synthetic layer so it keeps the oil on the outside of the filter where it belongs.

Originally Posted by coborn35
The following users liked this post:
techrep (03-26-2015)

Quick Reply: Should I clean the MAF after I work on my Airaid filter?