Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

At the shop already

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 12:49 PM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Default At the shop already

So I go out to go over a friend's house and the truck won't start. Not a click or anything. Last night everything was fine. So I had it towed to a repair shop to see what happened. Battery is fully charged. Two weeks with the truck and already in the shop. Lol
Old 06-21-2014, 01:37 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

And your point???

It's probably a loose or corroded connection at the battery or starter. Yet you paid for a tow, and now a repair shop to fix it. Even though you likely only needed to clean the battery terminals. Maybe next time you should ask for some help before paying someone else to fix it.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow just be a dick than!!! Maybe instead of a reply like that you coulda said something useful. Guess there has to be an *** everywhere. OP don't sweat it and hope for the best, hopefully you'll get lucky and it'll be an easy fix.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:24 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sturtzie
Wow just be a dick than!!! Maybe instead of a reply like that you coulda said something useful. Guess there has to be an *** everywhere. OP don't sweat it and hope for the best, hopefully you'll get lucky and it'll be an easy fix.
no kidding. I'm sick of seeing this on here. This is supposed to be a place for people to get help and talk about their trucks, not put each other down for asking questions that one may consider a stupid question. This is out of hand on here. THAT IS WHAT A FORUM IS FOR, if you don't like the question don't respond.
anyways *RANT OVER*

To the OP hopefully it's not much more than dirty contacts!
Old 06-22-2014, 02:47 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My truck did the same thing a little while back (I did have instrument lights). Fortunately, it was in my own garage. It turned out that the FPDM was the cause (behind the spare tire on the rear axle), it will rot out from the back and die. Hopefully your issue is a cheap fix!

Last edited by 4x4Fun; 06-22-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

No worries. This one was something I doubt anybody could diagnose without the right equipment. Turns out the key lost synch with some module in the steering column. Seems the truck thought I was trying to steal it and locked me out, according to the technician. He reprogramed the thing and the truck started right up.. I didn't know these keys were programmable. Learned something for sure.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 353 Likes on 285 Posts

Glad you got it fixed! Sometimes a shop and special equipment are needed to diagnose a problem!
Old 06-22-2014, 05:19 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Glad the OP got it fixed. That's good..

My only point of my previous post was that you should ask questions before spending a couple hundred on tow and repair at a mechanic. It could have been an easy fix. Who knows what the mechanic actually did. I've never heard of keys un-linking themselves with the computer. But hey, it could happen.

I've been around here for years. Seen a lot of problems and know the common fixes. I'm not trying to be a dick, just wanting to help people that have a problem, and come up with a cheap fix for them.

There is nothing usefull that I could have said after he took it to a mechanic. He is at the hand of the mechanic from there on out, unless the mechanic can't fix it. A forum is for help, I agree, but it is not somewhere to broadcast to people that you took your new truck to a mechanic to get fixed without asking for some free advice first from people that have been cruising this forum for the last 5 years and own three 5.4L F-150s.

PS, you know how many buddies I've bailed out just because of dirty battery terminals?

Last edited by corey_lax; 06-22-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: At the shop already