Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seafoam

I own a 2005 f150 5.4L triton and I want to clean out the engine with seafoam. I know I want to put the sea foam in a vacuum line so it cleans the engine better instead of just dumping the can in the tank. So which vacuum like should I use and where is it located under the hood. I heard you should pour it down the brake booster but I looked for that and the lines on my truck are different from videos I looked up so I don't know which one it is. If someone would help it would be great. Thanks
Old 08-21-2016, 03:49 PM

Honestly i think if you do a double concentration treatment through the gas tank that this will help any clogs in the injectors and help the valves a little. I saw a video of a guy that put a small camera into the combustion chamber before and after this and it did help a little
Old 09-09-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I heard about sea foam on a forum here and decided my 95 F-150 XLT flare side needed it. Got a few opinions on it and value ya’ll input. Highly recommend putting it in gas tank NOT in vacuum line off power boost. My 302 V-8 5.0 has just bearly 92000 miles. Before sea foam the truck wouldn’t go anywhere off a starting line without considerable gas pedal pushing to get up a simple hill here in Prescott, Az. It had no guts to go even though I installed a K&N air intake system and a straight pipe. Warming up in the morning was a rumble of and engine looking for power. Very frustrating for this rejuvenated hot rod grandma reliving her college days in San Diego in 70s.
ALso the front gas gage didnt work but best friend said thats because it is a Ford (BullPucky). Before sea fowm got front gas gage to work for few hours by running out of gas in town on a 7% grade downhill street. Switched tanks quickly then once level switched back to front tank. Not out of gas just steep angle. Gauge worked fine for 4 days then, because it is a Ford, died.
So mechanic poured SEA FOAM into front tank with half tank. I drove it out on open highway from Prescott through Paulden and up the mesa towards Ashfork. Good 25 miles with cruise set at 65mph. OOOHHH Engine sputered and pissed and moaned then kicked out of cruise control with a loud cough. It didn’t die on the road it just got a new lease on life. This truck has the attitude I want now that the engine is cleaned out. Filled with gas after this initial blow out. Took 10 gal and got 20 Mpg. Far cry from 14 mpg before this endeavor.
Front gas gauge now works fine for more times than not. Previous owner said it hadn’t worked for about 50k miles.
Acceleration around slow cars in traffic and others who like to brake at green lights and passing on I-40 going up 6 mile grade at 65mph piece of cake now.
Sluggish is not in my truck’s vocaulary anymore and the open road beckons me now.
First road trip since I bought my truck in June 16. Gotta do more. Teddy bear buckled into passenger seat with map on his lap and we are ready to go. Already been to the Grand Canyon and do not like the Phoenix metropolis mad house, so guess next trip is 50 miles out and 50 miles back. I like to drive (ex-heavy equipment operator Air Force) but prefer digging with back hoe or front-end loader.
Thanks for your help in getting my truck up to my wild woman days of yore.

========
"Proud Woman Vet Driving”
The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem.
The following users liked this post:
NicksGTR (09-11-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by JJJELLO
I heard about sea foam on a forum here and decided my 95 F-150 XLT flare side needed it. Got a few opinions on it and value ya’ll input. Highly recommend putting it in gas tank NOT in vacuum line off power boost. My 302 V-8 5.0 has just bearly 92000 miles. Before sea foam the truck wouldn’t go anywhere off a starting line without considerable gas pedal pushing to get up a simple hill here in Prescott, Az. It had no guts to go even though I installed a K&N air intake system and a straight pipe. Warming up in the morning was a rumble of and engine looking for power. Very frustrating for this rejuvenated hot rod grandma reliving her college days in San Diego in 70s. ALso the front gas gage didnt work but best friend said thats because it is a Ford (BullPucky). Before sea fowm got front gas gage to work for few hours by running out of gas in town on a 7% grade downhill street. Switched tanks quickly then once level switched back to front tank. Not out of gas just steep angle. Gauge worked fine for 4 days then, because it is a Ford, died. So mechanic poured SEA FOAM into front tank with half tank. I drove it out on open highway from Prescott through Paulden and up the mesa towards Ashfork. Good 25 miles with cruise set at 65mph. OOOHHH Engine sputered and pissed and moaned then kicked out of cruise control with a loud cough. It didn’t die on the road it just got a new lease on life. This truck has the attitude I want now that the engine is cleaned out. Filled with gas after this initial blow out. Took 10 gal and got 20 Mpg. Far cry from 14 mpg before this endeavor. Front gas gauge now works fine for more times than not. Previous owner said it hadn’t worked for about 50k miles. Acceleration around slow cars in traffic and others who like to brake at green lights and passing on I-40 going up 6 mile grade at 65mph piece of cake now. Sluggish is not in my truck’s vocaulary anymore and the open road beckons me now. First road trip since I bought my truck in June 16. Gotta do more. Teddy bear buckled into passenger seat with map on his lap and we are ready to go. Already been to the Grand Canyon and do not like the Phoenix metropolis mad house, so guess next trip is 50 miles out and 50 miles back. I like to drive (ex-heavy equipment operator Air Force) but prefer digging with back hoe or front-end loader. Thanks for your help in getting my truck up to my wild woman days of yore. ======== "Proud Woman Vet Driving” The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem.
I ended up just dumping the can in my tank when it was half full and I got crazy good gas mileage! Then it ran through like normal and I just filled up again and the gas mileage is back to normal but now I have WAAAAAY more throttle response. My truck would have trouble raising RPMs going up steeper hills but it rips up them now. Awesome! Can't believe it actually worked

Quick Reply: Seafoam