Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Sct x3

Old 07-26-2015, 08:37 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Sct x3

Really need some help here. I have my truck custom tuned with MPT performance using the SCT X3. My truck got broken into a while ago and they stole it among other things. Now I'm getting a Procharger installed mid August with a dyno tune and need to revert my truck to stock for that. Am I screwed or what can I do??
Old 07-27-2015, 05:02 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

A Ford dealer can flash a stock tune back into the PCM/ECU.
The following users liked this post:
Surkanos (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 07:37 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

/\/\

What he said. Any dealership can do that.

Don't suppose you backed up /saved your stock OEM Ford tune file with the SCT updater program though? This exact reason is why I always recommend folks do that, just in case something like this happens.

May be water under the bridge at this point but figured worth asking.

Last edited by Franchi Motorsports; 07-27-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:00 AM

It was saved into my flasher yes. I checked my computer praying it was on there and it wasn't l. I'm just so relieved that the dealership can do it for me
Old 07-27-2015, 11:14 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Right, but what I meant is you can save your actual OEM Ford tune file onto your computer so if this should happen again, or you lose your tuner, you have a backup.

Get your truck reflashed back to stock tune, go get your dyno tune and assuming they use a SCT tuner to tune it, that SCT will autosave your newly flashed OEM Ford tune into the tuner the first time they use it before it uploads the dyno tune file.

Once you have the truck back from the place tuning it, use the SCT updater program to save a copy of your factory ford tune onto your computer then so you then have your factory tune backed up. I forget the exact name of the feature on the program but it's listed right there.

So if this should happen again, you already have your factory tune file saved somewhere else then the tuner and wouldn't need to go back and pay the dealership to put it back to stock tune. ( and it's always just a good idea to have your factory tune backed up )

Trust that clarifies somewhat.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports
Right, but what I meant is you can save your actual OEM Ford tune file onto your computer so if this should happen again, or you lose your tuner, you have a backup. Get your truck reflashed back to stock tune, go get your dyno tune and assuming they use a SCT tuner to tune it, that SCT will autosave your newly flashed OEM Ford tune into the tuner the first time they use it before it uploads the dyno tune file. Once you have the truck back from the place tuning it, use the SCT updater program to save a copy of your factory ford tune onto your computer then so you then have your factory tune backed up. I forget the exact name of the feature on the program but it's listed right there. So if this should happen again, you already have your factory tune file saved somewhere else then the tuner and wouldn't need to go back and pay the dealership to put it back to stock tune. ( and it's always just a good idea to have your factory tune backed up ) Trust that clarifies somewhat.
I don't need the stock tune since I'm throwing a S/C on it. The guys doing my dyno said they don't need the truck reverted to stock to perform the tune thank god! Thanks for all your help though!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sct x3