Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

SCREW seat lift help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SCREW seat lift help

Has anyone out there installed a seat lift. If so... was in the LMI one... or has anyone tried to make their own. If someone has the pics, or measurements of all the LMI ones so one could make their own... that would be awesome! I just don't understand paying $150 when it can be made for next to nothing, since the few parts I've seen is just reg. u channel steel and a couple of bent pieces..... thanks everyone
Old 06-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

Making your own seems like kind of a bad idea.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 PM

If it is done right... I don't think it can be too bad of an idea.... use heavy duty fasteners..... and I'm sure that LMI kit isn't much to brag about. If I powder coat the pieces I make they can look good too! haha
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 AM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

TBH, I have reservations about raising the seat anyway. I am sure it will probably be fine.

What exactly did you have in mind for the DIY?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by CrashTECH
TBH, I have reservations about raising the seat anyway. I am sure it will probably be fine.

What exactly did you have in mind for the DIY?

well from the few pics that I have seen... the basic frame lift is just a 2'' piece of fairly heavy C channel steel, then where the passenger side
middle bracket goes is a piece of 1/4'' thick steel with a bend in it to fit the hump on the floor and match up with the current mount. Then there is a seat belt bracket that raises the belt fasteners up a bit... but not much more to their kit than that.... They use nice fasteners that are longer of course.... and all seems to be pretty much bolt on. I have a buddy with the LMI kit. I am going to try and take many pictures and measurements and possibly copy his. Either that or I will settle for a Foxbox for 2 10s... rather than building it up and going 2 12s... (even though that is what I really want)

Quick Reply: SCREW seat lift help