Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Sarting issue after warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:06 PM

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Sarting issue after warmed up

2004 Fx4 5.4 100k miles. Im having an issue with starting my truck when warmed up and driven. Always starts fine in the morning no matter the outside temp but when I go to restart it after it sits for a little while from 5 min to half an hour or so it either starts right up but in a weak kind of way like its not cranking enough and sluggish or it cranks longer than usual but always starts. It always does one or the other on a regular basis. I have a seperate low rough idle issue I have posted about and gave up on and don't know if this is related or not but don't know what to look for. Truck has new plugs, cops, refurbished injectors,fuel filter, air filter, fuel pump, vct selonoids,fuel pressure module under spare tire, throttle body,cats and Im sure stuff Im forgetting. Things I've looked at: pulled plugs, pulled fuel rails up and turned key to on to check for leaks, checked volts at battery and alt,checked for vac leaks. Never throws a code and bluetooth scanner data shows nothing from the limited knowledge that I have. I've about had it with this truck. I don't trust it like I should. I can't throw any more parts at it. Anyone have any suggestions that Im missing? Im tired of mechanics and Ford which could'nt help with my other issues. I can't even sell the damn thing the way its running and i use it to make a living. I just thought I'd throw this out there one more time. I was really hoping it was my fuel pump but new one makes no difference. I'll try any suggestions at this point. Thanks
Old 05-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

What kind of plugs and COP’s did you install ??
Old 05-03-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
What kind of plugs and COP’s did you install ??
Motorcraft. Everything motorcraft except the fuel module under the spare. Noticed it looked really bad and went local and bought a dorman. Fuel filter was horrible when I changed it months ago. What are you thinking?. Maybe low grade misfire or bad new plug. One plug backed out a month or so after the install because I smelled gas so I checked them all and found that one and retightened it. I pulled the driver side plugs a while back and all looked good but have'nt gotten to all of the pass side yet. Just tired of it all if you know what I mean but I"ll try anything at this point

Quick Reply: Sarting issue after warmed up