Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Saleen Grill back in stock!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Saleen Grill back in stock!!!

Well never in my right mind did I think I would pay $300 for a damn grill but I just love the saleen one. Obviously the price hike and availability has pissed most people off but its just too good to pass up. I contacted Saleen at the beginning of this month and they told me 2-3 weeks and they would be in stock. Well they kept their word and they are in!!! Not sure how many but I put my order in immediately (today). And guess what, I just got a tracking number.........

Just wanted to throw this out there for those who really want this and are willing to pay the steep price!

Cheers!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:41 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

I just can't bring myself to tossing out that much money on a grille; other than ones self, not too many folks are going to oogle over the appearance of a grille. For me, its gotta give me 'function', and at a good 'cost to function' ratio.

I want a honeycomb grill for my STX; not because of its appearance, but rather it allows a larger area for front air to get to the radiator/AC condensor.

But they are 70 to 90 bucks used, and that keeps me from buying one.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 01-29-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:14 AM

Yah I hear you. I still cannot believe I'm spending this much on a grill. Although if a grill is unique enough it will definitely draw attention. I have yet to find any knockoffs or other brand name grill's that even come close to this one.

You make a good point on the flow aspect, I didn't really think of that. Although I cant imagine the saleen grill flowing any worse the the H bar one I have now. I could see honeycomb being the best in that regard.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lakeSTLFX4
Yah I hear you. I still cannot believe I'm spending this much on a grill. Although if a grill is unique enough it will definitely draw attention. I have yet to find any knockoffs or other brand name grill's that even come close to this one.

You make a good point on the flow aspect, I didn't really think of that. Although I cant imagine the saleen grill flowing any worse the the H bar one I have now. I could see honeycomb being the best in that regard.
Someone should make a knockoff since saleen will be out of business soon just based on all of there financial troubles in the last few years. $300 is ridiculous for a grill that just a year ago was only $170, it doesn't cost them more to make they just created demand by not making it and saying it will be a limited run.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I had talked with them a couple weeks ago. Eventually talked myself into dropping the $300. Went to check out and shipping was $90. I simply said no way. Nearly $400.

I found it interesting too, that there is a guy selling used salleen grills for $500 on Craigslist too.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanPendleton
Yeah, I had talked with them a couple weeks ago. Eventually talked myself into dropping the $300. Went to check out and shipping was $90. I simply said no way. Nearly $400.

I found it interesting too, that there is a guy selling used salleen grills for $500 on Craigslist too.
That's absolutely assinide. Just out of curiosity, do you have a link to the guy on Craigslist?
Old 02-12-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06Beast
That's absolutely assinide. Just out of curiosity, do you have a link to the guy on Craigslist?
run a search under http://houston.craigslist.org/
Old 02-14-2015, 07:11 PM

Default Saleen S331 Grill

After someone hit and run my truck I got the Saleen grill. Took 5 months on back order but it finally came in. I just drive around with a jacked up front end.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by BryanPendleton
It's not much more asinine than buying an OEM replacement. $100 difference.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Saleem grille looks the best IMO.

Quick Reply: Saleen Grill back in stock!!!