Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Boards

I'm hoping to sometime in the future head to a salvage yard and find myself a Ford with a pair of either OEM or aftermarket automatic running boards for a good price, because everyone like to save money of course! But has anyone ever tried to take an OEM pair of the automatic running boards and install them to their own Ford. I have a 2006 Ford F-150 XLT Triton. A friend of mine had a pair of the AMP Research ones on his Dodge and I fell in love with them, because when they are up they give the truck a look as if it is up higher. Anyways, any ideas or have any of you all tried and successfully completed something like this? Thanks!
Old 12-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

I think you might have more luck on Craigslist or eBay than hoping to get lucky in a salvage yard.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I can promise you for a FACT you will have a better chance of finding a moon rock at the salvage yard then automatic electric running boards. Hate to sound negative but you need to be realistic. Even craigslist is a bit of a stretch finding them at a deal. Everyone knows what they go for any they all want top dollar for them. Your best bet is OEM Ford running boards on CL. Those you can find and find cheap if you look daily.