Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Roush Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Roush Supercharger

I am thinking about installing a Roushcharger on my truck. My question is, what else am I going to need to upgarde/ replace in order for my truck to perform at its top potential? If nothing, then what else is recommended? Thanks...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:25 PM
This picture scares you

This question is almost unanswerable without knowing a budget, type of truck, what you plan on doing with the truck, etc. (I looked in your profile, so I am going to assume it is for your truck there).

I will answer for the big budget setup.

Get the intercooled roush SC, do all of the exhaust, headers to tailpipe (more air in, more air out). The Roush kits are pretty inclusive, I think they might even come with the new plugs (I can't recall if they do or not, some sc's require a slightly colder plug)... I see you have a 4wd, this should wake that puppy up, you might even think of getting a tune once it is installed, just to tweak what comes from Roush (they provide a good tune, but I think you can get a little more out of it, might loose the warranty though).

If you have 3.55's and plan on going to bigger tires or just have the cash to throw at it, change the gears...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Yea, it's for my F150. I have about $7,500 that I will put into it. The problem I have right now is that there isn't anyone around here who can put it on.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Fords For Life

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I know how you feel im stationed at ft riley also.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:33 AM
BLOWN club

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I put the basic package on my truck after work with a buddy and it only took 3 evenings. The only modification you have to do on the small package is the fan shroud, which amounts to trimming a little off the end. That is one of the reasons I chose that package. Paying someone to do it will cost a grand probably. The small package form roush will cost you 3 grand installed with tools. I don't know what the other types will cost...Eaton, whipple...etc. One thing is for sure...if you want to go over 8lbs with a big package..you better get ready to upgrade a ton of stuff on you drive train.....Tranny clutchs, drive shaft...motor mounts...and these items cost plenty...

6-8 lbs and I got 450 hp and 485 tq at the flywheel..some days more, some less.

There are plenty of threads on this site talking about superchargers...for more info on package costs and upgrades...

The difference in the truck performance is worth the money though..
Old 02-21-2010, 09:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Roush charger

If you can hold out a few I'm doing a Roushcharger buy once we get the price figured out...it'll save you $$ and help others going in on the buy save $$ too cause we will have another orderwhich drops the price a lil more...win/win!!! trying to get 10 orders...between the two forums I think I'll have it..maybe more!

Quick Reply: Roush Supercharger