Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

rough idle and exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rough idle and exhaust question

So I know there have been hundreds of posts about 5.4's with rough idle that only occurs after towing or long drives...which is what mine does (but I have never had it throw any codes.) I also know there has been a lot of talk about cleaning TB and MAF, oil pressure concerns, VCT and phaser issues and a lot of owners still at a loss. I tried cleaning the tb, didn't help, but only happens when I tow if it's over like 65 degrees out. What I do know for sure is I have a bad exhaust leak at the manifold on the passenger side...the two rear studs are broken off. I know this is also pretty common...anyone think that could cause my issues...the leak is before the cat so it stands tonreason that when i let off fresh air would get in there and make the computer think it's lean, but I can't explain why it's only after towing. At any rate I'm going to fix it either way and find out so people stop making fun of my card in the spoke sound, just hoping it is the cause of my other issues...but not looking forward to drilling them out.

Quick Reply: rough idle and exhaust question