Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rough Country Lift Owners!!! (and others too)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country Lift Owners!!! (and others too)

Hi there,

Im lifting my '06 Lariat Supercrew in two weeks.

Can anybody tell me their opinions on the Rough Country 6" inch lift and if theyve had any problems with it?

If so what problems?

If not, Why spend the money on a ProComp or Fabtech?

(I dont do a ton of off-roading so its 90% for looks only...)
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man your shallow
Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by frikinrussell
man your shallow

whyzat homeboy?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Black 06 F150 SCab 4x4

Originally Posted by Night Train
whyzat homeboy?
Look at his avatar picture... that tire is CAKED in mud... he's saying you are foolish to buy a lift because you think it looks good. Now that we've addressed the insult portion of this thread.... anybody wanna chime in with responses?

FWIW I've seen a couple of trucks recently with that brand lift installed (both were dodges though) and they were capable of parking and then moving afterword however I cannot attest to any type of durability as I didn't both to speak to either owner.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Lets just say I haven't heard anything bad about Rough Country lifts. I have had a Fabtech lift on my truck for almost 2 years now with absolutely zero issues. I'd easily recommend Fabtech to anyone.

Also don't worry, my lift was strictly for looks. I don't get guys who blast others for lifting a truck and never taking it offroad. I'm sure those guys do something with their money that would make other guys say something like "you waste your money collecting stamps"
Old 03-20-2009, 03:53 AM

i also have been looking at that lift but for my 87... but i cant say i have herd anything good about fabtech sorry man not try to bag on it never personally rode in a truck with a fabtech lift but friends all have and will say that it is the most uncomfortable ride they have ever been in but when i lift my truck i dont want it just for the look i want it to handle better but thats just me good luck with your lift
Old 03-20-2009, 05:23 AM

I know that Fabtech is race proven to work and last. Can't really say that about Rough Country, at least not that i know of. There are different types of 6" lifts that Fabtech offers. They have their basic model with "low end" coilovers that use your factory coils, and not much better than stock shocks for the rears. Mabey......that is what your friends had installed. BUT......if you want the better ride, you have to pay for it. Fabtech offers a 6" lift with their 2.50 dirt logic fully adjustable coilover, and their 2.25 dirt logic shocks for the rears. This uprade gave my 06 FX-4 a real nice ride. Plus they look real sharp! So you get the looks that you want plus the performance. I have no idea what it cost for Rough Country's set up, but, I would pay a little extra now and have no regrets later.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:21 AM

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by frikinrussell
man your shallow

Thanks for all the info guys, definately some good points to keep in mind...

I appreciate all of your opinions - even yours frikinrussell (though you must realize that it won't bear much weight coming from a guy who drives a white truck, right?)

Ill let y'all know how it goes and post some pics soon - I fly out to pick up the truck in about 6 hrs...

Quick Reply: Rough Country Lift Owners!!! (and others too)