Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rough Country Leveling Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country Leveling Kit??

Just recently bought a 2004 f150 and I'd like to put a leveling kit on it. I've been looking around online and came across rough country's leveling kit that comes with the spacers, two blocks and two shocks for the rear. I thought it looked pretty good but I'm no expert. I was wondering what you guy/girls might think. And I was wondering if you would recommend anything better.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 11:36 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

1) is the truck 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive
2) does it have a towing package or not

This is my truck with just the 2.5" Rough Country Spacers in the front, nothing in the back. It sits almost perfectly level.

Name:  IMG_0116.jpg
Views: 2275
Size:  90.7 KB
Old 01-01-2011, 11:39 PM

Its four wheel drive and I don't believe it has the towing package. Your truck looks nice. How hard was it to setup?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:44 PM

I love the leveling kit from Rough Country, it was just a pain to install due to crappy directions and not much help from the people at Rough Country. The main problem on the front spacers is that after you put the spacer on the shock, you need to use a compression tool (you can rent them for free from autozone) on the coil and compress it, then turn the spacer 180 degrees from its current position, then put the shock back in, bolt it up, and your good to go. If you have all the right tools, It would prob take 5-6 hours doing it alone.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:49 PM

Awesome thanks! Have your tried towing anything with it on? Do the truck hunch any?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:54 PM

I have towed a bumper pull horse trailer and a 16' trailer with 4 ATVs on them, The back end sits down a little bit; however, it still pulls and tows strong and I have no complaints other than the directions. If you go with the leveling kit from rough country feel free to PM me with any questions regarding the install. But like I said I only did the front, easiest way to tell if you should do just the front or the front and the back is go out there with a tape measure, measure from the floor to the top of the fenderwell, add however much the lift is, and see if it equals out in the back, I think mines less than an inch difference between the two after the level.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:57 PM

Ok sounds good. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by backwoodsboy
I love the leveling kit from Rough Country, it was just a pain to install due to crappy directions and not much help from the people at Rough Country. The main problem on the front spacers is that after you put the spacer on the shock, you need to use a compression tool (you can rent them for free from autozone) on the coil and compress it, then turn the spacer 180 degrees from its current position, then put the shock back in, bolt it up, and your good to go. If you have all the right tools, It would prob take 5-6 hours doing it alone.
i didnt have to use a compression tool for mine... the spacer sits on top of the entire strut assembly on mine
Old 01-02-2011, 11:11 AM

Yes the spacer sits ontop of mine to. When I first put the spacer on the strut would only fit back into place if I turned it around 180 degrees and it kicked out and I had to use a lot of force to put it in place, so I took it back out and turned the whole top of the strut around and installed it back in the same way it came out, it went in a lot easier and there did not seem to be as much preassure on the strut.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Skint

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 04 FX4 i had the Rough Country leveling kit installed about 14 months ago and its great looks good and sits level, it was just the spacers, etc installed on the front nothing on the rear, it ran me about $200 installed with the alignment.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Leveling Kit??