Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rough Country AAL install issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rough Country AAL install issues

I dropped my truck off at the suspension,tire,&wheel shop this morning for them to put the new pro comp pro runners and throw an AAL on the rear. The front went together perfect and now is sitting way higher then the rear. Then they went to put the AAl on and said that when they went to put the bolt threw it would want to angle and they said it needs to be notched. So I have to go there in the morning to see what they are talking about and go over different pics and ideas to get it to go on. Really not sure what they could be trying or whats not going together. Just wanting to get your ideas or issues you have ran into before I go there in the morning. It's the rough country short AAL and my rear has the 5.5" of block.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont have a lift or anything but 4x4 with 2.5 level and i pit the rough country aal's on myself and i had the same problem just had to force it into position and now its all good. I used a 6 ft steel pole to pry it into position
Old 08-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

Did they C clamp the leafs to keep them aligned when they pulled the bolt?
If they did then....
They could have put a dowel pin through the bolt hole, then pull the clamps, add the AAL using the dowel as an alignment tool. Then clamp the leafs again with the AAL in position, pull the dowel out, and replace with the bolt..
A spare bolt makes a good dowel...
Old 08-09-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've printed some stuff off and I'll see what exactly they did. Kinda sounds like they aren't aligned all the way and it's kicking the bolt. Really not to sure. I thought this would of been the easy part. ready to see the outcome though!

Quick Reply: Rough Country AAL install issues