Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Roof -- Noisy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Roof -- Noisy!

Alright.. so I just purchased an '07 F-150 XLT in August, and let me tell you... I LOVE it. I will never go back to a car in my life, that is unless gas goes up to $8.00/gallon, but who cares... it's just money, right? Anyways, so here's my concern. The truck is great with road noise, definitely quieter than my old Ford Focus. However, it seems that Ford overlooked... rain. I was out in my truck one night and it started raining real hard, and I couldn't even hear myself think. There must be no insulation between the roof and the interior.

Has anybody done anything about this? I was thinking about buying some dyno-mat, like what's done for car stereos, and putting it between there. I don't know how big of a deal that is going to be though... anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 PM

Default If it's raining that hard...

Pull off the highway, it is probably raining too hard for it to be safe to be driving.

I got a sunroof so I expect it to be louder.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:34 PM

I was only on a neighborhood road. I would be a little more understanding if I was going highway speeds, but with how loud it was going 30mph was insane. A few days ago I even took and reached my hand out the window and tapped on the roof, and the amount of sound it produces is ridiculous.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Doc Holiday

Smile

Sorry,but I can't hear you--I'm in my truck and it's raining.LOL Sorry to hear this I just got my 08 last week and no rain to date. We really get some storms down here and I hope this isn't something Ford has overlooked.Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I know what you mean. Was in my truck the other night and it was coming down pretty good and it was really loud inside the cab. I don't think there's anything between the metal roof and the headliner.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:22 PM

Well guys, I think I've had it. We had another one, and it was yet again loud. This Saturday I will be checking out the situation and see what it is going to take to install some 1/2" DynaLiner. I'm thinking that this will greatly reduce the amount of noise as it is designed to take out road noise and help with audio acoustics. If I go with it maybe I will post some pictures and instructions. If that's something you guys would be interested in, let me know and I'll be sure to take pictures along the way.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Definitely let us know how difficult it is to install. If it sounds like something easy to do it may be worthwhile to do. Thanks

Quick Reply: Roof -- Noisy!