Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Roof Clearance Lights... Anybody Install Them?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof Clearance Lights... Anybody Install Them?

I would like to install some amber roof mounted clearance lights like the super duty's have and have google some stuff but wanted to post up and see if anybody here has actually done this. I know I'd have to drill and I'm worried that water will get in when it rains. But any help or info on where to get a good set and an install run-down would be awsome.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lariat4x4
I would like to install some amber roof mounted clearance lights like the super duty's have and have google some stuff but wanted to post up and see if anybody here has actually done this. I know I'd have to drill and I'm worried that water will get in when it rains. But any help or info on where to get a good set and an install run-down would be awsome.
Yes i have them on mine.Just go look in my album and see.2rules of advice,and this is what i did.

Each light of course will have their own wire,tie all 5 wires into one wire and run it to the dome light as the dome light is always positive.

1st-My lights
2nd-my can light switch that i cut into my my dome light houseing to look stock(sorry thoe,man gotta get your own idea for the switch location,lol)

When you get done drilling the holes into the roof,and after getting the wires thru,clear silicone around the holes,and inside the holes as this will create a nice seal,and even a better seal once your light housing goes on.I guarantee no water will get in.Let me know if you need anything else
Attached Thumbnails Roof Clearance Lights... Anybody Install Them?-pictures-245.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by User14186; 11-17-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 PM

Pmd you.. I was just going to tie them into the parking lights so they automatically come on when I turn the lights on. Anyone else installed these?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:34 PM

I have them on my 98, they look good, no leaks and they are wired into the existing system. When the parking lights come on so do they.
Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Where did you get your set and how difficult was the install? Thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 AM

My set were bought at a local automotive store here in Traverse City, and installation is pretty simple. The wires are run down the pillar and spliced into the wires off the back of the headlight switch. Make sure you use some silicone around the holes you have to drill, so they don't leak.

Quick Reply: Roof Clearance Lights... Anybody Install Them?