Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Roller follower HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Roller follower HELP!

I am hoping to get some info about the roller followers in my 2005 F 150FX4. I can't seem to find after market rollers for my engine. The dealer part numbers are 5.4 three valve specific. My question is this,are the rollers interchangeable with the other modular engines? I have a tight budget and can't bring myself to pay the $18 X24 price tag for factory parts. I can find quite a few after market rollers for other modular engines, just not for three valve truck engines. Would Ford Racing parts interchange from the three valve Mustang 5.4L ?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Buiniskis
I am hoping to get some info about the roller followers in my 2005 F 150FX4. I can't seem to find after market rollers for my engine. The dealer part numbers are 5.4 three valve specific. My question is this,are the rollers interchangeable with the other modular engines? I have a tight budget and can't bring myself to pay the $18 X24 price tag for factory parts. I can find quite a few after market rollers for other modular engines, just not for three valve truck engines. Would Ford Racing parts interchange from the three valve Mustang 5.4L ?
Check out Tasca parts. I got a set of lash adjusters and followers from them and I think it was $218 or so. I've had them in a couple of weeks and they seem fine. I hope it's ok to post this link:

http://www.tascaparts.com/timing-and..._str=m-6529-3v

It says it's for a mustang but I talked to the guys there and they said it would work in 2004 5.4 3v.

Quick Reply: Roller follower HELP!