Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

rize 8" lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Default rize 8" lift

Okay who has a rize 8" lift? I cannot make up my mind on what lift to get. I will be doing the work myself just can't decide or decifer between the price differences and benefits. Who has what and knows the differences between them all?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:22 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Look up the member- chromefonica - he has an 8" RIZE lift.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 AM

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Since I'm kind of in the same boat, there are three nice 8" lift systems; Rize Industries, FTS (Full Throttle Suspension), and BDS. The Rize lift is around $2,500-3,500. FTS, is the cheapest at around $1,700, and it includes the back setup too (unlike the rize lift kit). BDS, includes front and back suspension, but it costs around $2,800. Which if your going to spend more than $2,500 on an 8" lift kit then Rize is the best quality. However, if you want to save money then go with FTS.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by thatIRISHtruck
Since I'm kind of in the same boat, there are three nice 8" lift systems; Rize Industries, FTS (Full Throttle Suspension), and BDS. The Rize lift is around $2,500-3,500. FTS, is the cheapest at around $1,700, and it includes the back setup too (unlike the rize lift kit). BDS, includes front and back suspension, but it costs around $2,800. Which if your going to spend more than $2,500 on an 8" lift kit then Rize is the best quality. However, if you want to save money then go with FTS.
Irish, just go 12" RIZE. come on you know you want to. it'll fit your truck perfectly. As if you need something else to make your truck stand out...hahaha
Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The FTS kit does not come with the rear shocks. You have to buy them seperately. It says "rear shocks NOT included, but required". I just looked it up on their site. The Rize kit does cost a bit more, but it also gives you an 8" lift with a factory ride using all of your OEM suspension parts. You can buy aftermarket coilovers to replace the stock shock setup that Rize uses, but it is going to cost you. Plus with the Rize kit, you get a little bit better of a steering setup. I am impressed with my lift so far. The ride is great for a lifted truck. The rear of the truck is slightly rougher than factory due to the AAL that is used. Other than that, two thumbs up.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by chromefonica
The FTS kit does not come with the rear shocks. You have to buy them seperately. It says "rear shocks NOT included, but required". I just looked it up on their site. The Rize kit does cost a bit more, but it also gives you an 8" lift with a factory ride using all of your OEM suspension parts. You can buy aftermarket coilovers to replace the stock shock setup that Rize uses, but it is going to cost you. Plus with the Rize kit, you get a little bit better of a steering setup. I am impressed with my lift so far. The ride is great for a lifted truck. The rear of the truck is slightly rougher than factory due to the AAL that is used. Other than that, two thumbs up.
Yeah, I meant the suspension part of it; rear blocks, and u-bolts. Even though shocks are suspension too, I guess... Where was the cheapest place that you found your Rize lift kit? I love Rize, and would want their lift, but I am leaning towards the cheaper of the lift kits. I understand Rize is probably the best, and the quality is amazing, but still...
Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
Irish, just go 12" RIZE. come on you know you want to. it'll fit your truck perfectly. As if you need something else to make your truck stand out...hahaha
Just saw this, haha. Yeah, the only regret I have with my truck is having my friend confince me to do a 6" instead of an 8" lift (). Believe it or not, my orginal plan was to get a 12" Bulletproof lift with 40's... That dream was dreamt in a booth at Outback steakhouse, where "thatIRISHtruck" was first presented...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Yea I wouldn't mind the bds 6" lift but may as well pay a little extra for the rize 8" lift. Idk what to do. I was looking at the rough country 6" but its a 5" drop on subframe and that's about all you can get out of it. I am running 35x12.50 r20 now toyo m/t and wanna keep that size. Idk what to do man
Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by knezat225
Yea I wouldn't mind the bds 6" lift but may as well pay a little extra for the rize 8" lift. Idk what to do. I was looking at the rough country 6" but its a 5" drop on subframe and that's about all you can get out of it. I am running 35x12.50 r20 now toyo m/t and wanna keep that size. Idk what to do man
Yea thats why I am going to wait and go for either the 8" BDS or the 6" full Fabtech kit with the coilovers (cranked to 8") and then 4" skyjacker AALs to get the back up. Im leaning towards BDS but its still gunna be like a yr from now..suck
Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I meant the suspension part of it; rear blocks, and u-bolts. Even though shocks are suspension too, I guess... Where was the cheapest place that you found your Rize lift kit? I love Rize, and would want their lift, but I am leaning towards the cheaper of the lift kits. I understand Rize is probably the best, and the quality is amazing, but still...
The Rize kit still comes with the rear blocks and u-bolts also. My lift was purchased and installed at 4wheel parts. I didn't have any choice on where to look because my lift was negotiated into the deal when I bought my truck at the dealership. The dealership contracts through 4wheel parts to do their lifts and they gave me a $7000 limit. So I went to 4wheel parts and just picked out what I wanted. With the wheels, tires, lift, and labor, I used every bit of the allowance too!

Quick Reply: rize 8" lift