Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rigging lights for Ford logo street light and Bed Led Strip or light

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile Rigging lights for Ford logo street light and Bed Led Strip or light

Hey whats up guys. Trying tl get my truck going with a few stupid things i have laying around my house. First is a LED strip or light whichever way you wanna look at it which i need hooked to electric ill find where to hide it. Also where i could hook up the ford logo so it could project onto the street at the Times i want. Or else id have it all always hooked to the battery.
Anyways its a 2006 Ford F150XL and i just want to know how and where it be the clean way to do it without going insane with the splicing. I seen them hooked up to the dome lights that be nice. Any ideas ill be open to. Thank you and have fun out thier.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:36 PM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

Please explain a little better what your wanting to do with each light. Where do you want each to be or show? You want a Ford logo light on the street. Door open or door closed? Usually tied into the door light or puddle light. In front of the truck or behind? Where do you want the LED strip? Inside? Outside? Help us help you.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ford Logo light on street when the door is open why would i want it to work when closed. Lol dont have a door light on my truck havent really checked out tho. The LED Strip will be in my bed. Need it for the nights i am stuck unloading 3 dirtbikes off the bed and have no clue where or what im stepping on many other reasons. That's the one that annoys me the most. I have the one ligbt the truck came with but not enough. So yeah anyway i can ge the ford logo to come on when i have door open upfront passenger and driver doors. And bed of truck for the LED. Also size wires and such be awesome. Ill jack bosses electrical supplies today
Old 10-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

The ghost lights in the door are pretty easy once you find out which wires to tap into. There is a harness that runs under the door sill that will have wires for the rear dome light and or bed light. If you can find that wire you can wire everything you're wanting to run from that wire. LEDs for both the ghost light and the bed lights wont draw much so the factory wiring should be able to handle the added load. Heres a couple links with a bunch of reading that should lead you to the wire you will need. If your XL for some strange reason has puddle lights in the mirrors then this gets even easier.

https://www.f150forum.com/search.php?searchid=11917796
Old 12-10-2019, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2020 Raptor and I looking for logo Ghost projection puddle light, I have not seen any anywhere. I want the raptor logo projected, not the Ford. Any leads?
Old 12-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Seņor Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DrErthal
I have a 2020 Raptor and I looking for logo Ghost projection puddle light, I have not seen any anywhere. I want the raptor logo projected, not the Ford. Any leads?
I found this but haven't tried them: https://gtrlighting.com/gtr-lighting...aptor-logo-47/

Quick Reply: Rigging lights for Ford logo street light and Bed Led Strip or light