Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rhino Liner

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Backwoods Life..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Liner

im thinking about rhino lineing the bottom half of my truck to get rid of the gold trim at the bottom.. has anyone done this or have pics how did it turn out? also i posted yesterday on the tire and rim fitment guide and havent got a response i was just wondering if i could fit 35/12.5 r20 on a 2wd with 4in in the front and 2in blocks in the back? all help is appreciated.. thanks in advance!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:31 AM

Check out my pics I have the rockers and senders rhino. And that's prob. Not enough lift for a 35...ill be adding more pics soon
Old 06-09-2011, 09:32 AM

Fenders*
Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Backwoods Life..

was there any prep work? what was the procedure? first time using it so i have a lot of questions to ask b4 i got f-ing my truck up.. got a 2006
Old 06-09-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

are you doin it yourself with a diy brand or are you getting it professionally sprayed? I would really suggest saving your money and getting it done professionally. I made a thread a while ago about when i did it myself to my truck. It doesnt look that bad honestly but the texture is horrible. some places it has some nice texture but mostley it just looks like some matte black paint. also it was very hard to get a nice line when unmasking, even when i unmasked right after i sprayed it still pulled up the edges of the paint so i have some clean lines and some bad ones.
if you have any painting skill whatsoever you will definatley fare better then me though. i dont have the patience for that stuff and wish i would of saved for a couple weeks and got it done right.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Backwoods Life..

i mean i can paint and i can tape a clean line but were talking spray paint and reg paint on wall paint i painted my grill and it came out good but ive never dealt with that kind of stuff i mean i dont know the texture of it and i was planning on doing the same thing with pulling the tape off right away cause i fig that would be the thing to do so the tape doesnt dry on it.. what if i do like a two person thing were i roll it on and someone goes right behind me pulling it off like as soon as i lay it down the tape comes off? think that would make a diff? and if not how much is it to get it done?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Backwoods Life..

Originally Posted by aptennisplayer
Check out my pics I have the rockers and senders rhino. And that's prob. Not enough lift for a 35...ill be adding more pics soon
i saw somewhere on here that the 4x4 sat 2 in higher than a 2wd and with a 2in leveling kit on a 4x4 you can fit 35's so if i put 2in in the back it would make for a 4x4 hight and 4in in the front wont it make for a 4x4 hight in the front with a leveling kit? just thinking out loud... correct me if im wrong please b4 i go drop a grand on rims and tires lol
Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

When I did my truck bed, the instructions said to pull the tape on a 45 degree angle while the stuff was still tackey. It also mentioned to use a sharp razor blade while pulling the tape off to get a clean line. I did not have to use the razor.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Backwoods Life..

Originally Posted by Bucko
When I did my truck bed, the instructions said to pull the tape on a 45 degree angle while the stuff was still tackey. It also mentioned to use a sharp razor blade while pulling the tape off to get a clean line. I did not have to use the razor.
what brand did you use?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jess7589
i mean i can paint and i can tape a clean line but were talking spray paint and reg paint on wall paint i painted my grill and it came out good but ive never dealt with that kind of stuff i mean i dont know the texture of it and i was planning on doing the same thing with pulling the tape off right away cause i fig that would be the thing to do so the tape doesnt dry on it.. what if i do like a two person thing were i roll it on and someone goes right behind me pulling it off like as soon as i lay it down the tape comes off? think that would make a diff? and if not how much is it to get it done?
the roll on kind might be a little better to use, i used the duplicolor rattle can kind. and when i unmasked i would spray each section and then unmaske right after and it drys so fast it would still pull up. I have considered going over it with the roll on kind though. i went through 4 cans of spray and it is still really thin. i wanted it to be a reall thick layer.

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner