Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Replacing Side View Mirror Glass

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Truck N00b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Replacing Side View Mirror Glass

A delivery truck ran into the side view mirror on my 06 F150 and cracked the glass. The mirror itself is fine, but I just want to replace the glass. However, all I can seem to find is how to replace the mirror itself which involves removing the door panel. I just want to pop out the glass and put a new one in there.

Are there any guides, Youtube or otherwise on how to do that? I was thinking of just prying it off with a flat-head screwdriver, but I don't want to damage the motor. Please help.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Certified Ford Technician

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it's easy if you break the glass all the way, the mirror is clipped to the motor on a circular pad and the clips are pretty much clip on and never remove. If you get the glass off there is a good chance you will break the mounting pad on the motor, so your best bet is to price out a mirror assy, and the glass and motor together if you break the motor you got a new one to install if not take it back and your out for the glass.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

No need to break anything else..get a hold of the plate that the glass is attached to and give a firm pull. This is an Expedition

Quick Reply: Replacing Side View Mirror Glass