03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks like your okay without a flash for the airbags themselves:
Removal and Installation
- Always wear safety glasses when repairing an air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) vehicle and when handling an air bag module. This will reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accidental deployment.
- Carry a live air bag module with the air bag and trim cover pointed away from your body. This will reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accidental deployment.
- Do not set a live air bag module down with the trim cover face down. This will reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accidental deployment.
- After deployment, the air bag surface can contain deposits of sodium hydroxide, a product of the gas generant combustion that is irritating to the skin. Wash your hands with soap and water afterwards.
- Never probe the connectors on the air bag module. Doing so can result in air bag deployment, which can result in personal injury.
- Air bag modules with discolored or damaged trim covers must be replaced, not repainted.
- To reduce the risk of personal injury, do not use any memory saver devices.
- The air bag warning lamp illuminates when the RCM fuse is removed and the ignition switch is ON. This is normal operation and does not indicate a supplemental restraint system (SRS) fault.
- The SRS must be fully operational and free of faults before releasing the vehicle to the customer.
- Repair is made by installing a new part only. If the new part does not correct the condition, install the original part and perform the diagnostic procedure again.
- Depower the system.
- Remove the 2 steering wheel back cover plugs.
- Remove the 2 driver air bag module bolts
- To install, tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in) .
- Partially remove the driver air bag module from the steering wheel.
- CAUTION: The clockspring electrical connectors are unique and cannot be reversed when connected to the driver air bag module. Match the electrical connector key to the keyway in the driver air bag module. Do not force the electrical connectors into the driver air bag module during installation. Disconnect the driver air bag module electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the horn switch electrical connector and remove the driver air bag module.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Repower the system.
GATORB8 - 2006 Smokestone Scab Lariat 4x4 5.4 - Viper Smartstart|AVS Ventvisors|Tint|Drop In Bedliner|PIAA Back-up Lamps|**** Tow Mirrors|ranchitout shifter cover|Wood Steering Wheel and Dash Kit|WeatherTech Floor Liners|Pioneer Premier TS-D720C|Peerless 10" XXLS|Qlogic Qcustom|Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X4R|Knukonceptz.com wiring|Escort QI45|MBRP Catback|Superchips Flashpaq|K&N Drop In|Optima Red Top|Tekonsha Brake Controller|2.5" AS Level/3" Rear Blocks|275/70R18 BF Goodrich All Terrain