Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

replaced actuators...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default replaced actuators...

Thought I might write something up on the front actuators since I have seen a lot of threads on it but was looking through them and didnt find a definite answer. First of all I have an 05 scab 5.4 4x4. Here was my situation. About two weeks ago I started noticing a slight grinding/shearing noise coming from the front wheels only when in od and going up an incline. As soon as I let off the gas or the truck wasnt under so much of a load it would go away. I came home and searched the forum and found out everything I needed to know about the vacuum system. Figuring I would get lucky (yeah right) I replaced the iwe solenoid on the firewall. No luck. By this time the noise was getting progressively worse. Now I could tell that one wheel would start grinding and the other would follow shortly. At this point it started doing it almost everytime I was on the gas. I figured it was a vacuum leak so I checked all connections and everything was snug. I thought I had a vacuum leak somewhere since both actuators were grinding. I work out of town and wasnt about to let this get any worse (chewing hubs). I took it to my buddy who is a mechanic for ford while I was out of town. He took his guage to it and found that both actuators were leaking. The hubs were ok also. Luckily he owed me a favor and just charged me for parts. All is good and not a noise to be heard. Just thought I would write something up for those that might be experiencing a similar problem and hopefully point them it the right direction. Thanks for all the help, this forum is awesome

Quick Reply: replaced actuators...