Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

removing lund sun visor

Old 02-06-2010, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing lund sun visor

the truck i bought came with one of the lund sun visors on it. i dont think i like how it looks but ive read that they are drilled into the roof. Does anyone have any suggestions about taking it off, whether or not its possible to do without having to do major repairs on the holes or anything?
Old 02-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

i think they are bolted to the roof, but you can drop your headliner and check.

if they are, and they aren't very big, there is something you can do relatively easily. some may call it "cheaping out", but i've done this to my old truck, and its held up for years.

sand the area around the hole. on the outside, probably around a 1/4" or less around the hole. on the inside (where no one can see), you can go bigger, but not over an inch. well, you could, but you really don't gain anything. clean off dust with rubbing alcohol.

next, get some of that "quiksteel" stuff in the tube. its easier to mix (and a LOT less messy) than JB weld. stick a blob on the hole from the inside, and press your finger on the outside of the hole, leaving a small depression in the hole (when looking down from outside).

on the outside, you should end up with a small gray crater with your fingerprint in it. from underneath, you should have about an inch wide blob, flattened out.

apply some bondo in the crater, sand when dry, paint with those little spray cans of touchup paint.

granted, this wont look as good as a pro job, but its a lot cheaper. the main thing is getting paint that matches.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kinda pisses me off that they went through this much trouble to put this damn thing on... my fx4 is black so matching the paint shouldnt be that hard
Old 02-07-2010, 01:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

how did you make out with this?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:40 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I would be curious to know what happened with this as well. I happen to have a black screw and would actually like to have a visor on the roof of my truck. I would like to have one with the clear covered clearance lights built in. Maybe if yours is off and you dont want it, a sale could be made.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: removing lund sun visor