Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Removing the door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the door panels?

Anything out there to show how to remove the front and rear door panels to replace the factory door speakers in a 04 supercrew?
thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Going Postal!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by phlipedphord
Anything out there to show how to remove the front and rear door panels to replace the factory door speakers in a 04 supercrew?
thanks

theres only a couple screws and the door handle you have to remove then the door panel lifts upward to remove... i learned just by taking it apart..
Old 05-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

to do the speaker you just need to remove the grill...i beleave it snaps out...and thats it

a hayes manual shows step by step
Old 05-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbetty
to do the speaker you just need to remove the grill...i beleave it snaps out...and thats it

a hayes manual shows step by step
The front speakers you can do this with, but if you try this with the rear speakers you'll end up breaking your speaker grille. That's because it's actually attached to the door panel and you have to remove the rear door panel to get to the rear speakers.

Remove the trim peice at rear edge of window. Pull and it comes off.

Behind the door handle is a little panel you need to take off using a flat tip. Behind there are 2- 5/8" bolts that you need to remove,

Then take a flat tip and pop the window switch panel off the arm rest. Remove the connectors going to the switches. Then behind in the arm rest is 1- 10mm bolt, take that out.

Along the bottom of the door panel are 2- 6mm screws, remove those.

Then you need to grab the arm rest and lift the panel straight up NOT out. Once is raises about an inch pull it out.

The door release handle will need to be popped loose from the door panel. Take a flat tip and gently release the latch holding it in.

Now you should be able to get to everything inside just fine and reverse to install. That means the door handle goes back in first, then remount the panel, ect., ect.

I copied the procedures from a user on a similar F150 site that I frequent. I have also removed my rear door panels using the above procedures when I installed my LT handles.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

sorry, i only have removed the front, but i assumed the rear was the same, however the manual will show the way

Quick Reply: Removing the door panels?