Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Remote install fail!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Remote install fail!!!

I recently got a viper alarm installed in my 06 f150 and to say the nicest thing about then i can would be they SUCKED!!! It took me 5 visits to get it right. First time it was wired and the brain of the system blew up. I can understand that. It happens. Then I noticed that i had some wires pinched and some gaps in the panels in my truck. Then I took it back to get it fixed. They talked me in to getting a back up camera to go with my kenwood screen I got installed somewhere else. I ended up there again to get another brain installed. It then had a bad relay. Ok. its a manufacture problem. Not there problem. but it took my wife 3 visits to get it right. I finally got my viper installed and it starts the truck but i have no lights to let me know if the system has a problem. Now I have to go back for the 4th time. I understand that things have issues but it seems like they are just leaving things out and don't give a s**t about the customer. I have been calm but they suck a**. Don't go to them. They send there techs to learn all this stuff but they don't know anything. Do it yourself or get recommendations about the people working on your truck. I know most of you dont care about this because it was one bestbuy location in the us but please be careful about using them to do work on your truck. If you search it, it will be basic logic about your truck. You can do it yourself. if you have no faith in yourself then get it done by someone with experience that you can trust. I hate than my truck might have wire that are cut that I dont know about and wish I would have done it on my own. Just a heads up guys. Do whats right and take care of your trucks. Im searching for the next thing to go wrong. Gonna spend tomorrow trying to get it fixed AGAIN. Has anyone else had any issues with getting alarm/remote starts installed?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:07 AM
08 F150 LIMITED

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry for your experience but I think you may be going a little hard on your equipment when it's the people doing the work that's the real problem....the equipment will work if installed correctly, right?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no issue with the equipment. I know when installed correctly it works great. I 100% blame the bestbuy guys and there lack of know how on what they are working on. Its not even completely there fault. If best buy is going to have these people install it they should make sure that people are trained correctly and completely before putting them in the work station.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

i have heard bad things about best buy installers for remote starts and radios. **** em!

have you tried messing with the remote start yourself? ive installed a couple, theyre really not that hard to do.

i would have them take the whole system out of your truck, refund your money and tell them to have a good day and buy a bulldog system from amazon or another store and install it yourself. i would say buy another viper product but the only problem with viper is they dont provide tech support to DIY installers, only licensed dealers. Bulldog security has a help line for DIY installers as well as tons of helpful information on their site about wire colors and diagrams.

Quick Reply: Remote install fail!!!