Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Reflash?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflash?

So I have a 5.4 2006 F150, and have been experiencing a shudder when I gradually accelerate to begin up a hill or even on flat ground. I have had the spark plugs changed twice already, and the ignition coils changed. Today a mechanic ran Seafoam through the engine, changed the fuel filter, and yet again the shudder is still there but not as bad. My mechanic said something about checking with the Ford dealership about doing a reflashing? There is a TSB out that sounds like what is going on with mine, does anyone know much about the reflashing? Does it actually cost anything? And do my symptoms sound like something a reflashing would correct?

Thanks so much!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 PM

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

If I remember correctly there was a thread awhile ago that a guy had posted up that he had gone in to some dealership and had an "updated" reflash done. He went on and on about how great it was and how much better all around his truck ran. Actually I think there were more than one person that went in and had it done on that particular thread. I am thinking someone said it cost them 80 bucks or something like that.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had mine reflashed, and it didn't make much difference. Took a little of the shake out of the idle with the air-conditioner off. Other than that, not so much.

Quick Reply: Reflash?