Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Red&blue security lights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red&blue security lights?

I bought a used 08 f150 XLT Screw. It has the rear view camera in the mirror. I have a red blinking light on the dash that I'm 99% sure is for the security system. I have a blue blinking light behind the auto dim rear view w/camera. What is this light for? I have a sticker on air filter that says remote start installed remove before servicing. Could it be from an after market remote start? If so how can I tell if it is still attached?
Old 12-03-2014, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is emitting the blue light.
Sticker on air filter.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:11 AM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

The red on the dash is the Securelok light for the Ford chipped key system. It'll flash randomly however if you have a key that isn't programmed to the Ford computer or a non-chipped key, when you attempt to start that red light will light up light crazy!

The blue one is built into your remote starter. It looks like you have a Compustar remote start unit with the ANT TW-110 (I could be wrong - I pulled it from the part # on the antenna). *MOST* of the Compustar's blink blue when they're locked (remote start) or armed (alarm). The newer versions of the compustar, you can technically turn the alarm function on with the remote start unit if you wire up the door pins... the newer ones you can even add a few sensors. In your case, it's likely more just a theft deterrent light. Here's a link to the antenna but it doesn't tell you which model of Compustar brain you have:

http://www.lesscosales.com/servlet/t...u-Start/Detail

I don't know the Compustar TW-110 antenna well personally but if the blinking light is coming from that then it's the remote start. I can tell you some compustar remote start units do have the blue light in the antenna. The alarm models usually provide you with an extra blue LED that you can drill a hole and set it somewhere... it just looks more legitimately like an alarm in that case. I doubt it's the mirror though, it sounds like it's your Compustar unit. Compustar did it on some antennas but not all... I'm pretty sure yours is one of them though.

Last edited by homer; 12-04-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Red&blue security lights?