Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rear view camera connectors???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear view camera connectors???

I have a 08 Fx4 F-150 with a rear view camera in the rear view mirror. I just bought a Nav/DVD/Bluetooth system for it. I'm thinking about installing it myself. My only question is for the Rear View Camera plug in into the back of the nav unit. What type of connectors does the camera use. Is it a simple unplug and reroute of the cable or does it use some special cable. Just want to make sure it's not some Fiber Optic cable or anything like that.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it uses a rca cable, you will probably have to splice the 2 together, which may result in a poor image, maybe, but not for certain
Old 08-26-2009, 10:28 PM
LAX

Exclamation AVN Reeceiver

What type of stereo are you connecting into 1st …I bought a 4430 eclipse made by fujitsu ten and I need a uc100 rear-view camera adapter so that I can connect into a aftermarket camera...that can only be purchased in the states…I found that the factory camera was hard to find and when I found it the cost were crazy…If your unit has a specific type of connector make sure that you research the availability and the cost of the camera…RCA connectors are pretty much the norm most AVN receiver, but if unit has its own type connector add up all of the other cost with its installation hassles you might find that the more expensive unit is cheaper…and with installation its very easy…I bought a wireless unit for about 35.00 from eBay...it was very easy to connect to the reverse lights but I cant install to the receiver…so know I am pretty much in limbo until I get adapter
Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM

The camera is the standard factory camera and the Nav unit that I bought is a FD-700FSE. I'm unable to see what type of connector that the Nav unit has on it. Does anyone know what type of connector is on the Factory Camera going to the rear view mirror?
Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wires run along the passenger side sill plate and up the right a pillar. there are standard 20 ga copper wire. they should be two of them covered in foil shield and wrapped in black tape. I dont have a color chart but search the forum i remember someone splicing into them. Just use t-taps and run two wires to the deck and then solder them into a rca connector.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:00 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

You could always wire them to an RCA and then get a Y splice for an RCA, that way, no cutting, etc...

Quick Reply: Rear view camera connectors???