Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rear ended need some advice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 11:59 AM

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Rear ended need some advice!

Hello ford owners, finally decided to join the forum. Unfortunately it is for the worst reason, my truck was rear ended by a VW toureg which was being pushed by a budget rental truck. THis pushed me into a PT cruiser. the accident was at slow speeds, we were stopped at a intersection waiting for two ladies to cross and the budget truck could not stop (30mph zone). Unfortunately I took the brunt of the impact off center in the rear of my truck pushing the tow hitch and bumper down and right, essentially crushing the rear of my frame and driving the tow hitch mount into my leaf spring. Messed up the canopy. Insurance adjuster is saying no problem that will pull out (were at $7K without replacement of the canopy and the rear frame members). Shop I took it too, says this is most likely totaled. I am waiting for the shop to get it on the machine and see how bad it is. My question is has anyone had the rear section of their frame forced down like this and what was the result.

My truck is a 2004 F-150 SCREW red, 120K, Airaid intake, Magnaflow exhaust, PHP tuner in really nice shape. I just dropped 3K to have the cam phasers replaced and it is running awesome. I am really upset about this one and am getting sick of waiting on an answer if it is totaled or not. I have never been in an accident in 20 years of driving and just don't know what to expect. Attached some pictures (i think).

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Last edited by hamviper; 05-18-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Fix Pictures
Old 05-18-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts

On my other truck, it's happened a couple of times and it was repairable.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

the frames are boxed and most places do not it fix them. I had a 05 that was only 2 years old they totaled due to the front frame section forward on the front axle being bent. It only had front end damage with airbags intact

Quick Reply: Rear ended need some advice!