Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rear brake noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear brake noise

Read a few threads on this, but still haven't seen my exact problem.

I had been experiencing some brake squealing and an occasional grinding when going from highway speeds down to a stop. Around here all the roads are 55MPH, then coming on base I stop to get my ID checked, so it happens everyday.

Today I decided to replace the rotors and the pads and when I took the rotor off I made the call to go ahead and replace the parking brake shoes as well. So all brand new gear went in the brakes, bled the brakes entirely, "burned in" the new pads, etc.

Went off base to run a few errands, again at like 55MPH, then pulling up to a stop light the noise comes back. Starts out like a normal brake squeal and then by the time I'm down to around 10MPH it gets ugly and starts to grind (metal to metal sound).

It's embarrassing.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get heat for this but I'm in a financial pinch so I used NAPA parts, the cheapest they had available for the truck (2007 Screw 4x4). I'm sure there are all kinds of recommendations for higher quality parts as there always is, but I expected some problems from new gear like a few thousand miles down the road, not 30 miles.

Anyone have any recommendations for what to look at next?

Quick Reply: Rear brake noise