Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rattling

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling

Ok guys, I've tried to figure this one out with no luck. 05 Supercrew FX4. When I am towing my trailer or boat, i have a rattle that almost sounds like loose bolts around the drivers side engine area. I have read all about the IWE problems. I went ahead and replaced the solenoid. This occurs in 2wd and 4wd and only when the truck has a strain on it. If you take the whole IWE problem out of the picture, where else should I start looking. Someone described a very similiar problem on here once that describe it as a someone spinning some old metal roller skate wheels. Could it be the catalytic converter? I can make it happen by giving more or less throttle. Anyway, if anyone else has a similar issue, please let me know. Hope everyone has a safe week.

Lug
Old 12-03-2009, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had a rattle like that for the past month and last week at least one of my catalytic converters clogged. I had no power and it started to rattle more. Its at the dealer now getting looked at. I've had misfire issues for about 4 months that the dealer couldn't figure out but eventually found a few coils, plugs and an injector bad, so I figured the cats would go soon.

Quick Reply: Rattling