Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rancho quicklift kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho quicklift kit

Anyone running this? quicklick, rs9000xl shocks and rear AAL? how does it ride?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Vanoford is.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

yeah i talked to him earlier, and he never responded
Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea, sorry, life is hectic when purchasing your first home. Things get scrambled and you forget things you meant to do.

As for the shocks, I love them. One of the best parts I have put on this truck. The truck handles like a dream. Very comfortable ride even with a load. And i'm not talkin dog food or something light like a new boxed entertainment center. I'm talking with 12-80lbs of Quikrete.

I have read that the Bilsteins are out. I would highly recommend these to anyone. I personally am going to have Rancho's for life from the performance and abuse they have given and taken respectively. Tried and true, just like my Blue. I would also recommend swapping out to a new coil spring. I had 60k on my truck when I swapped them out, shocks and coils. Kept the leafs, just added the AAL. I upgraded from my Code R coils to Code U (code off my buddies Fx4). This was to help with the 35x12.5 Mickey Thompsons I'm running. Hope this helps. And again, sorry for the delay.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Originally Posted by VanoFord
Yea, sorry, life is hectic when purchasing your first home. Things get scrambled and you forget things you meant to do.

As for the shocks, I love them. One of the best parts I have put on this truck. The truck handles like a dream. Very comfortable ride even with a load. And i'm not talkin dog food or something light like a new boxed entertainment center. I'm talking with 12-80lbs of Quikrete.

I have read that the Bilsteins are out. I would highly recommend these to anyone. I personally am going to have Rancho's for life from the performance and abuse they have given and taken respectively. Tried and true, just like my Blue. I would also recommend swapping out to a new coil spring. I had 60k on my truck when I swapped them out, shocks and coils. Kept the leafs, just added the AAL. I upgraded from my Code R coils to Code U (code off my buddies Fx4). This was to help with the 35x12.5 Mickey Thompsons I'm running. Hope this helps. And again, sorry for the delay.
Dont worry about it man, i know life gets like that sometimes, just how it is. But thanks that really helps. You said in a different thread that the quicklift was a 3" lift? does it really?. And ive only for 42k on my truck so when i get it i will probably swap the springs after another 20k or so. And how much did you end up paying for the whole setup?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fsufan09
Dont worry about it man, i know life gets like that sometimes, just how it is. But thanks that really helps. You said in a different thread that the quicklift was a 3" lift? does it really?. And ive only for 42k on my truck so when i get it i will probably swap the springs after another 20k or so. And how much did you end up paying for the whole setup?
Its not a true 3". Well, maybe in the rear w/out a load & the AAL on it seems like 3. The front, after everything settled, is right around 2.5" Truck has a slight rake to it, slightly less than the factory. I was able to put 35 on the truck with just this alone, just like the kit boasts. I didnt rub, but everything was so tight, I went w/ a Perf. Acc. 3" Body lift and love my height. $ Whole setup? come on memory, work, WORK!

* AAL - $85 on eBay
* RS9000xl Quick Lift - I cant recall, but I think I got these for $165 a piece from 4wheelparts. I told them I could get them cheap on ebay and they bit (works everytime w/ them guys, and its there to you the next day).
* RS9000xl Rear - $85 Ea on eBay, but I dont see them for that price, 4wheelparts is cheaper now w/ them.
* Ford Coil Spring Code U - $75 Ea from my dealer (this one is actually not a stealership)

85+330+170+150= $735

I did all the work, put everything on myself, including swapping out the coils. This is what saved me the most. Hope this helps. I know its a large price tag for shocks, but I love the setup and the ride and wouldnt have gone another way.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Its not a true 3". Well, maybe in the rear w/out a load & the AAL on it seems like 3. The front, after everything settled, is right around 2.5" Truck has a slight rake to it, slightly less than the factory. I was able to put 35 on the truck with just this alone, just like the kit boasts. I didnt rub, but everything was so tight, I went w/ a Perf. Acc. 3" Body lift and love my height. $ Whole setup? come on memory, work, WORK!

* AAL - $85 on eBay
* RS9000xl Quick Lift - I cant recall, but I think I got these for $165 a piece from 4wheelparts. I told them I could get them cheap on ebay and they bit (works everytime w/ them guys, and its there to you the next day).
* RS9000xl Rear - $85 Ea on eBay, but I dont see them for that price, 4wheelparts is cheaper now w/ them.
* Ford Coil Spring Code U - $75 Ea from my dealer (this one is actually not a stealership)

85+330+170+150= $735

I did all the work, put everything on myself, including swapping out the coils. This is what saved me the most. Hope this helps. I know its a large price tag for shocks, but I love the setup and the ride and wouldnt have gone another way.
Ive also been thinking of a body lift. Are your stock step bars connected at the same spot mine are?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fsufan09
Ive also been thinking of a body lift. Are your stock step bars connected at the same spot mine are?
Should be bolted to the body, so they move up with the body lift.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by GATORB8
Should be bolted to the body, so they move up with the body lift.
This is correct. The steps raised w/ the body. Your steps should mount to the same location as mine on the body, just different drop brackets (mine are exposed, yours are hidden behind the step) but this shouldnt effect anything. I dont even think they removed my steps. I do know however they had to take out the entire front seats/center console because the bolts go through the cab, and thats why I paid someone to do this body lift. 4th page made my eyes cross when I was reading the instructions. lol.

The exhaust didnt raise and still hangs low (not sure if I want to raise it and keep R.E., or if I want to shorten the run and go Side Exit (s.e.). I don't have a bullguard so I'm not sure if that is still mountable after the body install or not. Anything else, just ask away.

Last edited by VanoFord; 02-25-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 PM

I don't have a bullguard so I'm not sure if that is still mountable after the body install or not. Anything else, just ask away.
Most that I've seen would require you to custom fab brackets.

Quick Reply: Rancho quicklift kit